Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After another brilliant performance, is it safe to starting talking of jones as king?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After another brilliant performance, is it safe to starting talking of jones as king?

I just watched this entire fight againt he had with Rampage and I was even
    more impressed than what he did with Shogun. Jones toyed with heavy hitter Rampage the entire fight sort of like a young Ali did against another heavy hitter in Sonny Liston...

He gracefully danced away from Rampage's strikes with the elegance of a swan, threw strikes with little to no fear of retaliation and even showboated and toyed with Rampage at the end of rounds--once pulling guard for a triange attempt and another time picking Rampage up on his shoulders like an older brother would do to a little brother playing around in their backyard.

After displaying an exhibition on kicking for two rounds he switched to a more pugilistic attack in the 3rd and 4th, battering Rampage with jabs and hooks that were coming from seeminly out of nowhere. In the 4th round he beautifully pushed rampage against the cage from clinch position and secured a rear naked choke on a veteran who has rarely been submitted. He does this as if he has been practicing jui jitsu for years and years.

The question should be asked:
    Is, with the talent and skill he has displayed in such a short time doing MMA, Jon Jones the most talented fighter we have seen in mma?

He has outstruck two of the most crafty strikers in his division back to back at the young age of 23, has outwrestled nearly everyone he has faced and has displayed jui jitsu skills. He outmatches everyone in the clinch. I guess the only remaining question is how he does off his back, but I almost feel like him pulling guard against Rampage was mind games for Rashad who is going to be looking to take him down.
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    26.67%
    Too early to tell
    33.33%
    Last edited by the traveler; 09-26-2011, 02:05 PM.

Rampage is not the same anymore and just like Jones said, he's so predictable. Just a boxer and even as a boxer, swings too much and too slow. I don't think he's the most talented fighter because Anderson Silva is still alive and even when he dies, Jones will not be as good as Silva. I honestly don't see much in Jones except physically gifted and he uses it very well.

Comment

Does Anderson still exist?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
        Rampage is not the same anymore and just like Jones said, he's so predictable. Just a boxer and even as a boxer, swings too much and too slow. I don't think he's the most talented fighter because Anderson Silva is still alive and even when he dies, Jones will not be as good as Silva. I honestly don't see much in Jones except physically gifted and he uses it very well.
        The hate is strong with you my son. Although it is too early to crown Jones IMO, until he beats Rashad and Machida, he is clearly a great fighter. Rampage came into this fight in great shape and got tooled. Stop trying to discredit a great performance. Jones still has a long way to go until he matches Silva's record though.

Comment

How about we wait until after he beats more than 1 healthy top ten guy in the weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            How about we wait until after he beats more than 1 healthy top ten guy in the weight class?
            A rematch with Shogun would look exactly the same, KO.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post

lol, who would that guy be? Majority believe Rashad is overrated. I don't but majority people do. Machida can't take a punch. Shogun got home rowed. Hendo I think will look just like Rampage.

I have no clue who can beat him unless Silva moves up.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                lol, who would that guy be? Majority believe Rashad is overrated. I don't but majority people do. Machida can't take a punch. Shogun got home rowed. Hendo I think will look just like Rampage.

Not saying any of these guys would beat him. I just think a guy should have to fight more than 1 top ten competitor in the weight class who didn't come off a year lay off and 2 surgerys before we start calling him king...

Comment

I don't know if it's safe to talk about Jones being King, but it is safe to say that any thread about Jones is gonna have a hate post by kaps, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Silva is a good at 205, but would he be as great as he is in MW?

Comment

Working...
                    X