No announcement yet.

so i was tweeting fernando vargas last night and he commented on floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    when did this happen? i dont ever remember floyd or vargas challanging each other
    i vaguely remember something about that. i think it was arum who floated the idea. it was never serious.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Did you get a picture with him at the weigh in? Down by the Mexican broadcast was where Ricardo Lopez was sitting?
      No, I saw him, zab, the Garcias, Freddie Roach, etc..... all in the hallways

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        No, I saw him, zab, the Garcias, Freddie Roach, etc..... all in the hallways
        Oh, ok. I thought we may have seen him at the same place.

I didn't see Zab or the Garcia's once but I saw pretty much every other fighter or fight person that was in Vegas that weekend.

Comment

Thanks. That is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
            I was tweeting him how i felt him and mayweather were robbed in 96 and how much i appreciated his effort in the olympics. I genuinely think alot of his fans and boxing fans in general dont show enough respect to that team or our olympians in general who train for years at that one shot. anyhow, this is what was said

anyhow one of his fans made some stupid remark about floyd being scared of vargas and through "tweet more" (a program that allows you to make longer tweets) he responded with this

RT @mannyavalos: @IzzyCarrillo @_FernandoVargas how come u never fought mayweather jr if u guys are both from the 96 Olympic team? I think he was scared of u { Floyd was #1 in the united stares in his division & I was #1 in mine. Floyd is the best fighter in the world and ISN'T scared of NO ONE!!! 👊👊👊

the actual tweet is here incase anyone cares to know

it was interesting to me to see that vargas still greatly respect him and frankly, floyd has never had anything negative to say about vargas. I am glad that they share a common comraderie due to all the hard work they put in those years ago.

All I can say is that I love baby doll.
            What a cutie pie.

Comment

Seeing how Floyd was campaigning at 130lbs while Vargas was at 154lbs in his respective prime I don't see how either fighter would have wanted to call each other out.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                All I can say is that I love baby doll.
                What a cutie pie.
                she took that cut against halmich like a man

Comment

Working...
                X