Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Doctors in Philippines Concerned Over Pacquiao's Health

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember during the weigh in's several members noticed Pacquiao was swaying back and forth and he couldn't really stand still.

Loss of balance is a sign too, and also some people have mentioned when Pacman was signing autographs they noticed his hands trembling slightly.

Freddie Roach and Michael J Fox both said the first signs they noticed were very small, and it was slight trembling of the hands and balance issues.

The KO didn't do anything, but I think the wars he had and lack of defense all through is career is what took it';s toll on him. Pacman needs to retire already.

Comment

Phillipino Neurogists are the equivalent of Mexican Witch doctors. They are both probably just trying to get their names in news and they succeeded! There's a greater chance PAC was shaking cause he's got the DTs from giving up Hennessy;-)

Comment

Pacquiao should retire but its more money to be made

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
          if pac has parkinson's arum would gladly throw him in the ring 8 more times without a 2nd thought.
          Arum will get his special doctor to give Pacman the go ahead. Ignoring all the signs. That is how low Arum will go, if Roach hears about this if he has the honor that he claims he has, he will refuse to train Manny for his next fight. Roach should advice Manny to retire already, but I feel Roach has gotten greedy as well.

That cramping in Mannys foot that they couldn't figure out why he was cramping up and twitching so much could be a sign of parkinsons and nothing to do with his jogging, because he has jogged and played basketball for so long and never had those cramps, Roach has the same cramping on his right foot, they showed him walking during his special and he said he can barely walk because of the cramping.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Getting knocked out the way Pacquiao did does permanent damage to the brain, it doesn't always show but it's there.
            so does getting drunk.

getting knocked out cold may look the most harmful but it acctually isnt very dangerous. its more dangerous to take many small punches over the course of a fight than a single big one that lays you out. i like the use paul williams' fights with martinez as an example, the first one was waaaay more dangerous and harmful than the one that ended in a knockout.

its when you take lots of punches in fights over the course of a long career that you are at risk of serious braindamage. i say serious because we are all more or less brain damaged, ever had alcohol? then you are braindamaged.

that said pacquiao has done just that, hes had lots of fights and many of them have been wars that went into the late rounds. retirement isnt a bad idea, not bcuz of the knockout though. i think he should have just 1-3 more fights then call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              One of the neurologists' names is Rustico... Not Torrecampo in disguise, I hope. :laff2:

Comment

If JMM were laid out like that despite the hit our ego and pride would've taken Id be calling for his retirement, not all fighters regardless of their greatness make it back whole and in one piece, If Ali of all people got parkinsons than its not out of the question a fighter especially a fighter like Pacman cant get the same, Pac has done lots in the sport hes soo rich and famous its crazy, The only other fighter that has reached that type of fame recentley is Delahoya, Manny should retire that was a very scary KO Frankly Im very surprised Roach is onboard with Manny fighting again, especially based on what he said before on the subject as well as his comments regarding the Ricky Hatton kO.
                Retire Manny its NOT worth it, You beat more Mexicans than beat you be happy with that its over!
                I know you want vengeance and to get back your Pride but its never going to happen even if you Beat JMM simply not gonna happen whats done is done.
                Last edited by boxingfan76; 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

its a bit worrying when a trainer with parkinsons is training someone with parkinsons, doesnt bear thinking.

But if Pac cant get a JMM rematch he could possibly have one more win and then retire.

Hes did all he can do in the ring, nothingmore to give

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    so does getting drunk.

getting knocked out cold may look the most harmful but it acctually isnt very dangerous. its more dangerous to take many small punches over the course of a fight than a single big one that lays you out. i like the use paul williams' fights with martinez as an example, the first one was waaaay more dangerous and harmful than the one that ended in a knockout.

its when you take lots of punches in fights over the course of a long career that you are at risk of serious braindamage. i say serious because we are all more or less brain damaged, ever had alcohol? then you are braindamaged.

that said pacquiao has done just that, hes had lots of fights and many of them have been wars that went into the late rounds. retirement isnt a bad idea, not bcuz of the knockout though. i think he should have just 1-3 more fights then call it a day.
                    Yeah, those quick KO's are not as damaging, it;s actually the accumulation of trauma and wars from multiple punching that causes problems. Pacman chin is no longer the same, you can only take that many shots for so long before you finally give in either start slurring, trembling or having motor skill problems. Watch his career since he was a kid, the dude has taken flush shots ever since he was a youngster, no defense at all he will just get hit and come back and get hit again.

Look at Brandon Rios that kid slurs bad and it's because of all the sparring he does when he isn't fighting and the wars he takes in the ring. James Toney slurs bad and it is from his sparring and getting hit every single day instead of doing road work.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      so does getting drunk.

The sparring arguably takes a bigger toll than the fights. Doing 100+ tough sparring rounds in the lead up to a fight is not healthy at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X