Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez vs. Murray is a good fight for me....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez vs. Murray is a good fight for me....

I know Julio is straight up refusing to fight Sergio, but still, his last two fights have been good fights I thought, as was the Zbik fight last year.

Zbik is the #4 ranked MW by the RING, Rubio was coming off an impressive win over Lemieux and was a good defense, and Murray just beat Sturm in my eyes. I watched the fight and had it 116-112 Murray. I thought that fight was worse than Sturm-Macklin.

I think Julio will beat Murray, but it's a good fight I think.

Bum vs bum and may the best bum win.

Comment

i guess so proving your the best apparently doesnt mean anything anymore in boxing

Comment

I'll have my fingers crossed that Murray takes the WBC strap with him. Hopefully, there's no rematch clause cuz Murray would most likely fight Sergio afterwards.

Comment

I'm no Julio fan. All I'm saying is that it's a pretty good fight. I hope Martin Murray wins, but even if it's close, there's no way Julio isn't getting the decision in Texas.

Martin Murray is far and away better than anyone Dmitry Pirog or Gennady Golovkin have fought, and that's the SAD TRUTH. Middleweight really is a deep division if people would start fighting each other.

Comment

If he refuses to fight Sergio, this is about as good as it's gonna get for now.

Comment

How is it a good fight? The guy doesn't has enough power to KO Chavez Jr, and we all know that it's actually impossible to win on the scorecards against Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                How is it a good fight? The guy doesn't has enough power to KO Chavez Jr, and we all know that it's actually impossible to win on the scorecards against Jr.
                Is it good in the sense that it can give us a barometer to see where JCC Jr is at in his career?

Or, it won't even give us that?

Comment

I thought Sturm actually edged it against Murray, but whatever. Murray vs Chavez would be a good fight. Boxing shouldn't always be about the best vs best. As long as it's competitive.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-19-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    Is it good in the sense that it can give us a barometer to see where JCC Jr is at in his career?

Or, it won't even give us that?
                    The thing here is that a good fight is one in which you don't know the winner. I don't see how Murray is going to KO a 180+ lbs Chavez Jr, and even if he's able to outbox him the judges are not going to give him the decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X