Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: Ruslan to spar Pacquiao again for Rios, and is Possible Mayweather opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach: Ruslan to spar Pacquiao again for Rios, and is Possible Mayweather opponent

Roach trains Provodnikov, and he and Pacquiao have become pals, but that doesn't mean they won't push each other to the limits in camp. Provodnikov, Roach told me, is keen to stay sharp, because he wants to secure a meaningful bout in the near future. Any hints on what that faceoff might be, Freddie?

"I've heard around town that Mayweather might want Ruslan as his next opponent, on September fourteenth," Roach told me. "That would be a hard fight to turn down. Against Floyd, I think Ruslan would have a puncher's chance. It would be a big payday, and he's got his family to take care of for the rest of his life."

Roach said Team Provodnikov, which includes promoter Art Pellulo, would be mulling options. He said that Top Rank does have options on Provodnikov, stemming from the Bradley fight, but thinks that a deal could be worked out between all parties if things progress, and Floyd decides Provodnikov is a good dance partner.
    http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...mayweather-mix

Terrible fight. I like Ruslan, but he would get beat badly. There would be no surprises in this fight, like there were with Tim.

Comment

not gonna happen. freddie always saying dumb ****.

Comment

smfh, he would stop Ruslan and I love that dude no ****

Comment

LOL @ Mayweather vs. Provodnikov

**waits for the "Mayweather is ducking Ruslan posts**

Comment

Ruslan has been baiting Mayweather on twitter

https://twitter.com/RuslanProvod

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              LOL @ Mayweather vs. Provodnikov

**waits for the "Mayweather is ducking Ruslan posts**
              why laugh? He proved us all wrong when he whooped up on Bradley but gassed during the fight.

He would be a much more live opponent than Guerrero, he has more power, faster, and stronger with more heart and pressure, he will eat punches just to give some.

I like the fight

I hope it gets made either this one or Mayweather vs. Spadafora.

Comment

showtime wouldnt want the Floyd ppv dropping to 500K.

This fight wont sell, not a second Floyd yawn fest in a year for the first time in half a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Corona View Post
                  showtime wouldnt want the Floyd ppv dropping to 500K.

This fight wont sell, not a second Floyd yawn fest in a year for the first time in half a decade.
                  lol dude this fight will sell.

They will be able to use Freddie Roach in the countdown show since he trains Ruslan, and people know Roach he is almost as popular as Pacquiao in America.

Plus they will mention Ruslan being Pacquiaos sparring partner so the casuals heads will turn and they will say hey thats Pacmans sparring partner! all Roach needs to do is get Pacquiao on there and give him some comments on all access Mayweather Ruslan, and endorse Ruslan to beat Floyd.

It should increase the buys and build up some hype, they could even have Pacquiao walk Ruslan to the ring, but that might make Floyd tense up to see Pacman for the first time face to face with him, it could psychologically give Ruslan and Advantage, and Floyd might put that in the contract that Pacman is not allowed in the ring or at the presser.

Comment

lol hectari, I like Provodnikov as a fighter but he won't lay a glove on Mayweather, he's too slow and reluctant to throw.

Comment

Working...
                    X