Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Trout who's going to win this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto vs Trout who's going to win this fight?

I have no interest on betting on this fight. I think this one is going to be a close fight. I can't call it on this one. I want to see what you guys think about who wins this fight.
    Cotto by KO
    41.46%
    Trout By KO
    4.88%
    Cotto by Dec
    35.37%
    Trout by Dec
    18.29%

I see a pretty easy win for Cotto after outboxing Trout in dominating fashion and stopping him in rds 7-10.

Comment

Cotto by late TKO or clear UD. He's better than Trout.

Comment

Cotto gonna beat the the ish out of trout.

Comment

I guess I respectfully disagree with the consensus. I really think Trout is gonna take the decision. He's not gonna engage, he's not gonna stand by the ropes, he's gonna tag him from the outside and keep moving the whole fight. He's gonna look awful doing it but he's gonna win imo. That said, I hope Cotto wins, gonna be rooting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sttag View Post
            I guess I respectfully disagree with the consensus. I really think Trout is gonna take the decision. He's not gonna engage, he's not gonna stand by the ropes, he's gonna tag him from the outside and keep moving the whole fight. He's gonna look awful doing it but he's gonna win imo. That said, I hope Cotto wins, gonna be rooting for him.
            So Trout is going to avoid being hit frequently while Floyd maybe the best defensive fighter in the world failed to? Also does Trout really have the kind of power to hold Cotto off of him, I mean his best win is Rodriguez, Cotto is a massive and I mean massive step up in class from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              So Trout is going to avoid being hit frequently while Floyd maybe the best defensive fighter in the world failed to? Also does Trout really have the kind of power to hold Cotto off of him, I mean his best win is Rodriguez, Cotto is a massive and I mean massive step up in class from him.
              Yeah kinda. Floyd could've put on his running shoes and fought Cotto exclusively from the outside (like I thouhgt he was gonna do if they fought way back) and we would've had a different fight. And yeah, I think Trout has enough pop to stop a Cotto bullrush. I'm not saying Trout isn't gonna get punished 'cause that's just silly its ****in Cotto but I think he's gonna do enough each round to outbox him. And yeah I agree Cotto is a massive step up, but I think Trouts physical capabilities and athleticism are too much for Cotto. But I admit I'm biased in favor of big size/reach advantage coupled with athleticism and good speed.

I hope Cotto puts a hurting tho.

Comment

Cotto wins this, but it could be a frustrating night for him as trout is so damn negative, so I reckon it goes the distance.

Cotto UD

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Spot on sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sttag View Post
                    Yeah kinda. Floyd could've put on his running shoes and fought Cotto exclusively from the outside (like I thouhgt he was gonna do if they fought way back) and we would've had a different fight. And yeah, I think Trout has enough pop to stop a Cotto bullrush. I'm not saying Trout isn't gonna get punished 'cause that's just silly its ****in Cotto but I think he's gonna do enough each round to outbox him. And yeah I agree Cotto is a massive step up, but I think Trouts physical capabilities and athleticism are too much for Cotto. But I admit I'm biased in favor of big size/reach advantage coupled with athleticism and good speed.

I hope Cotto puts a hurting tho.
                    Who knows you may turn out to be right but I respectfully disagree and think this will turn out much like Cotto's fight with Yuri other than the leg injury where movement wise Cotto will be every step of the way with Trout outboxing him and landing clean hard shots winning rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X