Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hank Armstrong ever go up against a great boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, sometimes people just dont get it. i take it you have never fought before because you keep talking about the films you have watched, but the truth is just because you think hammerin hank cant handel this or that kind of fighter by what you see is false, many times i have seen fighters and said "oh i can beat him just look at the way he does this or that" only to get in the ring and get my heart broken, so the answer is yes he could handel a good boxer and he did many times. just in New York alone at that time there were more pro boxers then there are in the U.S. today and they were fighting 2-4 times a month, larger talent pool with more fights = better fighters period.
    and only one belt for each of the 8 weight classes and Hank had 3 of those at the same time but he was being matched carefully like Pacman is? dude are you on drugs? i am sometimes and even i know that Hank would have beat Floyd and JMM prime for prime easy, JMM got beat by Fred "little Hagler" Norwood a short fw and Floyd shoud of got one loss and a draw against Jose luis Castillo in which floyd ran like a b!tch. Norwood and Castillo are no Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
      Armstrong fought some of the best. Sugar Ray Robinson, Sammy Angott, Benny Bass, Chalky Wright, Fritie Zivic, Petey Sarron, Lou Ambers, Beau Jack, Lew Jenkins, Barney Ross, Erico Venturi, Leo Rodak, Ernie Roderick, Varias Milling, Tippy Larkin, Lew Massey, Pedro Montanez, Ceferino Garcia, Al Bummy Davis, Baby Arizmendi, Young Rodolfo Casanova, Davey Day, Lew Feldman, Willie Joyce, Frankie Klick, Juan Zurita, Mike Belloise and Midget Wolgast. All these fighters were either World Champions or were rated #1 at one time or another.

Of Armstrong's 181 fights, 109 were against fighters that were rated in the top 10 at one time or another, and 46 of them were either a World Champion or rated #1 at one time or another.

Both Larkin and Joyce were Great Slick pure boxers, as were many of the others.

Are you Hank Armstrong's version of Wlad_Ownz?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Are you Hank Armstrong's version of Wlad_Ownz?

Unlike Wlad_Ownz Henry is an actual boxing historian with the credentials to back his words up.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Unlike Wlad_Ownz Henry is an actual boxing historian with the credentials to back his words up.

Just busting his balls. Looked a lot like a statistical post of Wlad_Ownz of the accomplishments of a Klitschko(s).

Comment

And I was just lurking this particular thread in this section because I was made aware that TS is a famous Troll with good & entertaining communication abilities.

I.E. like this article he wrote up, titled Klitfags Vs Britfags

http://buffmanonboxing.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just busting his balls. Looked a lot like a statistical post of Wlad_Ownz of the accomplishments of a Klitschko(s).
              Thing is though he can do it for any fighter in the IBHOF.

Comment

I figured as much. I just didn't want to see Henry offended. I'd like to keep quality posters like him coming back. Wasn't trying to jump you about it.

Comment

And I was just lurking this particular thread in this section because I was made aware that TS is a famous Troll with good & entertaining communication abilities.

I.E. like this article he wrote up, titled Klitfags Vs Britfags

http://buffmanonboxing.wordpress.com/
                  Lol, is this the same guy?

Comment

I'm not gonna lie those articles were great.

Comment

Working...
                    X