Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should you BREATHE while boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breath through your mouth. that's what cross country runners & marathoners do.

Comment

Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post
      breath through your mouth. that's what cross country runners & marathoners do.
      Don't breathe in through your mouth unless the round is over. If you get caught whilst you jaw/mouth is open even slightly you can get really hurt.

It can result in a broken jaw etc.

Comment

I exhale out of my mouth when I throw punches. Kinda make that sound that Packy and Juan Diaz make when they throw.

Comment

Although most of this information is good, you should post a question like this in the Training/Nutrition forum instead of this one. There are a lot of pretend fighters and douche bags that follow this one and they actually know jack **** about boxing.

Exhale while you punch. Don't hold it in. Relax. Try not to be stiff. A lot of stuff comes into play with it. Only practice will get you good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
            This one is good as well. A mistake that many people make and it is actually harder to do than just saying it.
            hard as hell... but its essential if you want to hit with effectiveness when thrwing combos... Your first punch will be ok but the ones after that will be weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post
              I exhale out of my mouth when I throw punches. Kinda make that sound that Packy and Juan Diaz make when they throw.
              nothing tops ricky hatton's MASSIVE har har har har!!!!!

Comment

Does breathing out while throwing punches help telegraph them, especially with the added sound of breathing through a mouthpiece?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                  I agree with this.

I remember the first time i visited a boxing gym i had a big smile in my face like if a kid just entered Toys R Us. I wanted to sparr with the best in there right away but the head coach didn't let me, I was 13.
                  Was you 5 foot 5? iF SO THEN i WOULD HAVE KNOCKED YOU THE **** OUT BROTHER! joke :

I hear boxers breathe out with punches. As with singin, if you get your breathing right, you can be a much better fighter.

Comment

with your lungs

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      Don't breathe in through your mouth unless the round is over. If you get caught whilst you jaw/mouth is open even slightly you can get really hurt.

It can result in a broken jaw etc.
                      that's what i meant to say. when the round is over i still see a lot of trainers tell their fighters to breath through their nose. but when you are not engaging in a round ive seen boxers breathe through their mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X