Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the big fuzz about the Pacquiao/Marquez II scorecards???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the big fuzz about the Pacquiao/Marquez II scorecards???

I have HBO On Demand and watched the fight over and over again. It was clear as daylight, Pacquiao won, 114-113. Manny won rounds 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, and 10, while Marquez won rounds 2, 5, 6, 8 and 12. I had round 11 even and I always give the nod to the champion, which was Marquez at that time, to upped his total rounds won to 6, just like Pacquiao's. It was black and white, 114-113 for Pacquiao, and round 3, which was a 10-8 round for Pacquiao as the decider.

I watched again a couple of times, trying to see if Pacquiao won on Marquez' rounds, no dice. I tried it on Marquez too, to see if he won any of the rounds I gave to Pacquiao, same thing. There was no ifs and buts, no "It could've gone either way" for me too.

Pacquiao won, period.

What's your scorecard?

I had it 114-113 JMM,

I haven't re-scored it though, I might re-watch is sometime soon and re-score.

Comment

I scored it 114-113 for Pacquiao but the fight could have gone either way, 8 rounds of that fight were hard to score.

Comment

Y'all get to see it again this Saturday, together with the Margo/Cotto fight as one of HBO's best for 2008. I just got a headstart. Try to record it and re watch it over and over again, I'm sure you'll end with the same scorecard as mine...

Comment

I had it 114-113 Pac. Round 11 was the toughest round to call for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
            Y'all get to see it again this Saturday, together with the Margo/Cotto fight as one of HBO's best for 2008. I just got a headstart. Try to record it and re watch it over and over again, I'm sure you'll end with the same scorecard as mine...
            I'm in the UK, so I don't get HBO. But I have the fight on DVD anyway, so i'll re-watch it when I get the chance. I've been meaning to re-watch and re-score the fight for a while now, but never got around to doing so.

Comment

114-113 jmm. very very close fight...

Comment

At least we can all agree that this isn't a highway robbery like what JMM, Nacho and Marquez' fans been claiming here...

Comment

man , it was a close fight. leave it at that. let them do it again after the hatton fight.

the lineal 135 champ (if diaz doesn't beat him) against the lineal 140 champ (i think manny will ko hatton).

as far as the fight goes.

watching it live and not scoring the fight round by round......i thought marquez edged pacquiao out.

scoring it round by round and trying to be as subjective as i can......i had manny squeak out a 114-113 win.

there are so many rounds that could go either way though......if i give it to manny i have him winning by like 3 points. same with marquez when i give him the even rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    man , it was a close fight. leave it at that. let them do it again after the hatton fight.

the lineal 135 champ (if diaz doesn't beat him) against the lineal 140 champ (i think manny will ko hatton).

as far as the fight goes.

watching it live and not scoring the fight round by round......i thought marquez edged pacquiao out.

scoring it round by round and trying to be as subjective as i can......i had manny squeak out a 114-113 win.

there are so many rounds that could go either way though......if i give it to manny i have him winning by like 3 points. same with marquez when i give him the even rounds.

I just got intrigued because this article http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...0353/-1/NEWS01 said it was TFOY for 2008, I can't agree with him on this one. I'll have the Izzy/Rafa III or the Margo/Cotto fight rather than this one, it's no contest...

Comment

Working...
                    X