Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most skilled fighter you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my lifetime:

Sanchez
    Whitaker
    Mayweather Jr.

Comment

In my lifetime: Floyd Mayweather Jr.

On footage: Ezzard Charles.

All time: this is something I do not feel comfortable judging from books.

I am rewarding completeness here. I understand those who picked Rj, Ali, Pea, etc... but I the most skilled fighter in my book has to do it all.

Comment

A+ class fighters: Mayweather, SRL, Jones, Whitaker, Duran
        A class fighters: Ali, SRR, Hopkins, Ward, Toney, ODLH, four great mexicans, Hearns, Hagler...
        Last edited by Jimmy 23; 01-25-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Well in my unbias opinion, obviously Jose Napoles and Eder Jofre.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
            A+ class fighters: Mayweather, SRL, Jones, Whitaker, Duran
            A class fighters: Ali, SRR, Hopkins, Ward, Toney, ODLH, four great mexicans, Hearns, Hagler...
            You don't think Robinson or Ali are A+ ?, you really rank them in the same class as ODLH ?.

Comment

Maybe... and possibly SOG

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing&Blues View Post
                nicolino locche
                james toney
                charley burley
                Burley? There isn't even footage of him except some 10 minutes highlight clip in which he looked pretty "normal" to me.
                Thread title says "...you've ever seen".

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                  Burley? There isn't even footage of him except some 10 minutes highlight clip in which he looked pretty "normal" to me.
                  Thread title says "...you've ever seen".
                  There's the full Oakland Billy Smith fight and he hardly looks normal, obviously a special talent but I wouldn't rank him that high without more footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    then why didn't his skills transfer when he lost that step?

I know, I'm probably known as a Jone hater even though I felt he was very exciting. I just don't see how people can claim he's so skilled when he just lost a step and proved his skills were never where they needed to be.

Salvador Sanchez did a lot of the little things right for his age.

SRR is probably the best ever. He could twinkle to the right when he needed too. That's something very few fighters could do like he did.
                    Jones was very skilled with great timing beautiful counters he was everything you want from a fighter. He had a good chin in his prime.

He didn't lose his skills he knew what to do but couldn't get in position to do it his legs were gone and after being knocked out he was scared to try anything else so opted to lay on the ropes and try to fight even tho he got knocked out again it's all he could really do I mean think of it like this if he went to stand in the middle of the ring and walking oppents down with shots if he got caught with as bad as his punch resistance is now he'd go to sleep even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Sugar Ray Robinson
                      Benny Leonard
                      Willie Pep

inperson; Salvator Sanchez, Pee Wee Whitaker, Roberto Duran, Ray Leonard
                      Felix Marquez I'm sure I can think of more but its dinner time!! Ray.
                      Felix Marquez was a master.

Comment

Working...
                      X