No announcement yet.

Is Fight Night 4 worth getting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Is Fight Night 4 worth getting

im seriously thinking of purchasing a 360 or ps3 just to get this an the new pes

1. is the jab ( the most important punch in boxing) actually any use in the game...in the first 3 it was a nothing punch which annoyed the hell out of me ...does the jab make any difference in the game?

2.. do the boxers resemble their real life styles when playing against them...do they play to their strengths

3...what is the career mode like..do you have any rivalries and can you do press conferences etc..can you have big fights etc

4...last one - is there many flash knockdowns were you can just be boxing land a good clean punch and they go down ..

cheers lads

p.s. can u ry an answer in depth and even add stuff of your own seeing as its a expensive decision lol

also whats the deal with pbf hes not on the roster yet i was just lookin on youtube and hes there with his hatton judah an marquez attire

This game is definitely worth buying. I traded in Killzone 2, NBA 09 The Inside, and Grand Theft Auto 4 just to get it.

Yes every punch has use in this game. Yes the Boxers use their real life styles in the game. This game is more realistic in my opinion. Career Mode is alright... Nothing too special.

Yes there are flash knockdowns in the game..

The reason you saw PBF in the game is because you can create Boxers and share them through the EA Server. I have on my roster... Vernon Forrest, Paul Williams, Floyd Mayweather, Evander Holyfield, Ray Mercer, and many more fighters that did not make it onto the game.

Comment

Get the game man.. Best Fight Night yet

Comment

Originally posted by TheCheetah View Post
        This game is definitely worth buying. I traded in Killzone 2, NBA 09 The Inside, and Grand Theft Auto 4 just to get it.

Yes every punch has use in this game. Yes the Boxers use their real life styles in the game. This game is more realistic in my opinion. Career Mode is alright... Nothing too special.

Yes there are flash knockdowns in the game..

The reason you saw PBF in the game is because you can create Boxers and share them through the EA Server. I have on my roster... Vernon Forrest, Paul Williams, Floyd Mayweather, Evander Holyfield, Ray Mercer, and many more fighters that did not make it onto the game.
        thanks mate...so basically you can use the jab alot in the game an it counts for something ?... in career mode is there any behind the senes stuff or do u just train and fight

also im fascinated by what u said bout the ea server...i mean i seen 3 different attires on mayweather so does that mean u can get a few versios of 1 boxer on the game

Comment

Originally posted by san iker View Post
          im seriously thinking of purchasing a 360 or ps3 just to get this an the new pes

1. is the jab ( the most important punch in boxing) actually any use in the game...in the first 3 it was a nothing punch which annoyed the hell out of me ...does the jab make any difference in the game?

2.. do the boxers resemble their real life styles when playing against them...do they play to their strengths

3...what is the career mode like..do you have any rivalries and can you do press conferences etc..can you have big fights etc

4...last one - is there many flash knockdowns were you can just be boxing land a good clean punch and they go down ..

cheers lads

p.s. can u ry an answer in depth and even add stuff of your own seeing as its a expensive decision lol

also whats the deal with pbf hes not on the roster yet i was just lookin on youtube and hes there with his hatton judah an marquez attire
          Dude the Jab in round 3 was deadly (judge jab which made people mad though since it was so powerful)

1. Jab is worthless in Round 4. Theres no power jab, quick Jab...nothing just the same basic lazy looking jab that does no damage it seems. Not to mention you get countered off a block if its timed right almost all the time by the cpu.

2. From what I seen most fighters on the game fight the same way....most just come forward and and counter or fight on the outside and counter.

3. No Rivalries and no press conferences. Mostly you just go up the ranks fight guys that how many loses till you get the belt. Then as soon as you get a belt you are asked if you want to move up in weight. They keep asking you here in there if you don't accept from the beginning. You can't move up when you want and you can never move down.

4. If you have power and you land a counter theres a good chance of that happening.

Comment

Honestly I haven't even really played career mode... Fight Night has Photo Game Face.. In which you can take a picture of yourself...Or use any picture and tweak it to where it looks just like you or the fighter you are trying to create. It's like 51 fighters on the game I believe and the limit goes up to either 88 or 90...Don't quote me on that cause I'm not entirely sure on the numbers game on that. I have two Vernon Forrests in two different weight classes, Two Paul Williams, and Two Mayweathers. They were all created... Nonetheless they look just like them though.

Comment

Honestly I haven't even really played career mode... Fight Night has Photo Game Face.. In which you can take a picture of yourself...Or use any picture and tweak it to where it looks just like you or the fighter you are trying to create. It's like 51 fighters on the game I believe and the limit goes up to either 88 or 90...Don't quote me on that cause I'm not entirely sure on the numbers game on that. I have two Vernon Forrests in two different weight classes, Two Paul Williams, and Two Mayweathers. They were all created... Nonetheless they look just like them though.
              I believe 87 is the max but most CAB's are 86.

Comment

Some things are find annoying are the block counters which just seems so unrealistic...the footwork is bad on this game. Guys getting knocked down by phantom punches. Guys who just Spam the body online (I hear they fixed this but I'm not sure) Seeing the same knockdowns over and over again getting tiresome specially the fall into the ropes one. I also don't like the corner game....I have no idea why they put that in. Its still a fun entertaining game but its not much sim imo.
                Last edited by AntDawg; 09-27-2009, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I was referring to the limit of created fighters you can have

Comment

I was referring to the limit of created fighters you can have
                    Oh ok my bad

Comment

Working...
                    X