Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here use Creatine?does it help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here use Creatine?does it help?

Does it give you more energy before working out and help gains??thinking bout getting some for my pre workouts..been drinking Whey Protein after my workouts

No it don't give you more energy. It works as a lactic acid buffer delaying muscle fatigue and allowing you to force out more reps.

If you want more energy use a pre-workout supplement or better still, a decent pre workout meal.

Comment

I take several things along with creatine monohydrate so I don't know how much has the creatine helped me right now. But I remember using it by itself at one point and I did feel the difference.

BTW don't listen to what any one says about not taking creatine, creatine comes in meat and other foods. Plus your body already has it but small amounts. It is safe to use and since it's discovery as a supplement, there has yet to be any bad side effects from it unless, like anything else, you take too much of it[more than the recommended dose].

A study published in the April 2010 issue of the journal "Nutrition" set out to determine if low doses of creatine could improve muscle function. After giving 20 healthy young subjects either .03 g of creatine or a placebo per kilogram of body weight daily for six weeks, researchers found that creatine didn't produce any significant differences in body composition or strength. However, the group receiving creatine had more energy and was more resistant to fatigue in some of the tests.
      Livestrong.

Comment

i used it and never noticed anything. i later learned that all it really does is give you the extra energy to be able to push out maybe one or two more reps when doing a set enabling you to build upon that the nest time you work out. i dont think its worth the money really considering thats all it does

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
          i used it and never noticed anything. i later learned that all it really does is give you the extra energy to be able to push out maybe one or two more reps when doing a set enabling you to build upon that the nest time you work out. i dont think its worth the money really considering thats all it does

I'd say it was worth the money for around 5p per serving then why not give it a go? Not exactly going to break the bank is it

Comment

I used to use it a lot when I was younger, I never felt no more energy from it but I always found myself being able to train more than I usually do whenever I used it

I also found that the shi t is crazy when it comes to muscle fatigue & soreness... i would take some the day after a workout and all my muscles would almost completely stop hurting.... that **** alone made me a big fan of it lol

Only negative though is that apparently it can increase the water mass in your muscles or something like that. Also since your body already makes creatine naturally I heard you can become dependent on it and your body will make less of it. I don't know how true those negatives though are so don't take my word for it lol that's just what i've heard from many people

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              I'd say it was worth the money for around 5p per serving then why not give it a go? Not exactly going to break the bank is it
              i just remember when i was using it i was buying protein and everything else and it all added up little by little if i was lifting again i would only use protein and a good multi-vitamin thats just my opinion its not going to break the bank but theres other stuff id rather be spending my money on

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                Does it give you more energy before working out and help gains??thinking bout getting some for my pre workouts..been drinking Whey Protein after my workouts
                No, creatine is not a stimulant. However it is used for bulking up. Downside is that you may gain water-weight. Meaning it could make you feel bloated. I use it every so often. If you use it, just cycle on and off and you should be fine.

Protein is a must no matter what. So unless of you eat within an hour of working out, keep drinking protein and make sure you buy something that is not complete ****. There are so many protein shakes out there that has fillers in them that is actually bad for. I.E. Muscle Milk. THE WORST!

Comment

Everyone reacts to supplements differently so you should try it out. Creatine is a great one it's relatively cheap (just buy creatine mono, dont let a salesman at gnc or whatever talk you into something else) just make sure to lift big and eat big.

Comment

Creatine is great for a cut AND a bulk. It helps retain strength and you don't fatigue as fast when on creatine.

Also, please do not cycle on or off this stuff, that's just stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X