No announcement yet.

Austin Trout reminds me of Winky Wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fearless Angel View Post
    They are high risk-low reward type of fighters. Their defensive stances are different, but both are tall southpaws with great reach and a great jab. Also they are both natural middleweights that can fight (in the case of Winky fought and dominated the 154 division at one point) at jr. middleweight.
    Yeah, there's some similarities there. Winky proved him self more after his first big fight by beating Mosley. Trout has just beat a shot Cotto that was never really that great in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
      Was Winky Wright absolutely boring to watch and also have no fans like Austin Trout?
      Who has Trout fought for him to be worthy of ducking...
      Step up your game he's hardly fought anybody and he's 27!
      I like Winky's style, but are you saying he was exciting to watch?

Comment

I think they are somewhat alike but there are some differences.Winky was a right hander that fought left handed giving him a great left jab. Trout is a true southpaw. Winky had a better defense, a better chin and was just a somewhat better fighter than Trout all the way around. I think people should wait until Canelo's opponent is named before they say he is ducking Trout. There is a good possibility that he will fight Trout next.

Comment

Working...
        X