Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Underrated and Overrated Boxers Today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
    Ban this pure filth.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      I laughed at that too. Dirrell earned any negative press he gets. I think this may be the most wasted talent Ive ever seen.
      Thats your opinion. The guy is skilled and I think he beat Froch and can prolly clean house at 168 outside of Ward. Wasted? thats a different discussion and his career isnt over to say it yet. I'm talking about skills in the ring not negative press nor the path he has taken nor based on who boxingscene posters praise. You clearly agree with me that the guy is talented so I Dont know what criteria you base your overrated/underated.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Absolutely none, sometimes getting that booty is more important than drinking water
        Funny guy I couldn't stop laughing when I seen him on Lock up these weekend

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
          Castillo - since he's still fighting i'll include him, although he may not be much currently. His legacy gets underrated, I still consider him the greatest LW since Whitaker.

Yet, he lost to Mayweather clearly in their rematch, but Floyd is overrated? Constipated logic son.
          You have JMM and Castillo in your underrated list, and surprise surprise Mayweather, who has actually beaten both of them on your overrated list. It's also even more hilarious as Floyd beat Castillo at his best weight as the "supposed greatest" ever in that weight class. Also consider what JMM just did to MP and it becomes even funnier.

Clearly Floyd was right about the boxing dynamic when he said "damn i wish i was Mexican"
          So what exactly is the key point? Is he overrated or underrated??? Are you/him trying to imply he is only overrated above 135 and not at 35 and below? If that's the case why would he be on the underrated list? His body of work can't concurrently be underrated and overrated?
          ****! Read and try to cogitate on something before replying.

Above 135, meaning after he had beaten Castillo, Corrales, Hernandez etc, he's saying Floyd has been overrated and that for someone with only a handful of fights in over five years, he still gets too much praise, especially as the P4P #1 guy. Not hard to understand.

With only a handful of fights since 2007, there are many other fighters who have done better work, against better fighters and done more of it, but he still gets too much consideration as the number one p4p guy for fights he had ten years and more ago.

If his work against the best has dropped off dramatically since 2007, should he still be considered the default p4p number one guy when other fighters have much greater wins and more of them over the last 5 years?

He's being overrated as the p4p number one guy now for stuff that was done years and years ago. Get it?

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
          wow ur dumb mayweather is rated a hell of alot higher than castillo by any and everyone while castillo should have a win over him and isnt rated at all
          Castillo is certainly one of the best lightweights of the last twenty/thirty years. I'm not sure whether he gets underrated as such because I think most people recognise it. It's a pity that he didn't get that win over Floyd. Should have gone to him despite being a close fight.
          Last edited by BennyST; 12-25-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I think you maybe right, he could be in world title fights right now with the elite of the division but is now 29 with no scheduled fight as far as I know and hasn't had a notable fight in almost 3 years.
            He's the only guy fast enough and accurate enough to set traps for Ward.

Originally posted by puga View Post
            overrated

ward
            rigondeaux
            golovkin (i like him )
            mathysse

underated

viloria
            mares ( guy beat moreno yet a lot of people claim he has no skills)
            bradley (yeah becuase of 1 fight againts the best )
            Ward cleaned out the whole division short of Bute. You confuse me with hate.

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Knocked out:

Pac
            Margarito

Not knocked out:

Floyd
            Broner
            LOL

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
            Ban this pure filth.

Thank you for clearing that up for people who are new to the sport. I thought they only did this to Calzaghe.

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
            Thats your opinion. The guy is skilled and I think he beat Froch and can prolly clean house at 168 outside of Ward. Wasted? thats a different discussion and his career isnt over to say it yet. I'm talking about skills in the ring not negative press nor the path he has taken nor based on who boxingscene posters praise. You clearly agree with me that the guy is talented so I Dont know what criteria you base your overrated/underated.
            Its not just his path. Its the constant crying to the ref and inability.......I take that back........the out right refusal to finish like a champion. Its video to prove it. There are too many "Ifs" for me to stand behind this dude. If he fights a whole fight. If he fights so and so. If he comes back. If he developes a killer instinct. You feel me?

Comment

I think Ricky Burns is underrated. He is continually written off prior to fights but keeps coming up with the goods. I really hope he gets in amongst the big fights next year, but I think he will have to leave old fish eyes to do so.

Overrated - Miguel Cotto. Always seems to be talked about in the 'elite' category when he isn't at that level. When he steps up he comes up short.

Comment

Working...
              X