No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto

He has had a great career,earned a lot of money and had given boxing fans a lot of memories.He has now lost 2 fights in a row,what do you think he should do next? I think he is at the end of his career and id hate to see him go on and becom a stepping stone for up and coming fighters.Id like to see him maybe fight 1 more time in Puerto Rico and leave out with a win and start promoting and training up and coming fighters.He really has nothing else to prove and does not need to keep taking punishment

There's a sticky man. Post there, no need to be spamming the boards with threads about Cotto.

Comment

Take 3 years off, do cocaine, drink alcohol, come back to boxing, and lose in Puerto Rico.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
        Take 3 years off, do cocaine, drink alcohol, come back to boxing, and lose in Puerto Rico.
        Not the Hatton plan man

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          He has had a great career,earned a lot of money and had given boxing fans a lot of memories.He has now lost 2 fights in a row,what do you think he should do next? I think he is at the end of his career and id hate to see him go on and becom a stepping stone for up and coming fighters.Id like to see him maybe fight 1 more time in Puerto Rico and leave out with a win and start promoting and training up and coming fighters.He really has nothing else to prove and does not need to keep taking punishment
          Yeah he always gave us 100 and its now time to ride off into the sunset..

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
            Yeah he always gave us 100 and its now time to ride off into the sunset..

PRPP
            I think he should try to leave on a win,and give his home land a great fight,thats how a champion should bow out imo

Comment

He should beat up Margarito again.

Comment

Needs to get fed to Canelo while he still has namesake.

Comment

Cotto still has alot left to give. With that said, i dont want to see him taking any fights at 154. Canelo would be a good stylistic matchup, but cotto doesnt need that fight for the very potential punishment. All the other fights at 154 are irrelevant imo, and do nothing but put cotto as a stepping stone for others. He doesnt win much, and potentially loses alot with these fights.

At 147 tho, theres plenty of good fights for him to add to his legacy. Guerrero, pacquiao, marquez, bradley, etc. These are all fights he could easily win, and would be big for his legend and pocket.

I guess we just live in the day and age of adhd. Cotto loses to potentially the greatest fighter of our generation....and people deem cotto as overrated/shot/over the hill/etc. Next, he loses to a much bigger, undefeated young and hungry champion, and the same sentiments are repeated. Who knows how history will remember trout, or how great he actually. But cotto still has much more in the tank imo, and mentally he is not done.

Id much rather cotto fight a few more times, and be mentally and spiritually ready to hang up the gloves, than to retire prematurely and come back years later in much worse shape. The latter is a joke and depressing.

Comment

Move down to 147 try and get a rematch with either Pacquiao or Mayweather. If he can't, then maybe he should retire.

Comment

Working...
                    X