knocking out cuevas
    knocking out duran
    outboxing wilfred benitez with a broken hand

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    knocking out cuevas
    knocking out duran
    outboxing wilfred benitez with a broken hand
    Cuevas.

Cuevas was a scary and super tough fighter. Hearns reduced him to virtually nothing in one of the all-time "he's arrived" performances.

Comment

No-one ever did that to Duran again or before that. He didn't just beat him, he dominated, humiliated him and KO'd him in two rounds.

Also, what a punch he did it with. It was like Tommy hit him with a bolt of lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Cuevas.

Cuevas was a scary and super tough fighter. Hearns reduced him to virtually nothing in one of the all-time "he's arrived" performances.
        Same here. That was the most impressive title win I've ever seen. Unlike Duran, Cuevas was at his peak and in top condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Same here. That was the most impressive title win I've ever seen. Unlike Duran, Cuevas was at his peak and in top condition.
          I totally agree. Hearns KO'd a washed-up, way-past-his-prime Duran. Cuevas was seemingly invinsable and at the top of his game; after that fight, it was all downhill. Admitedly, both KO's were visually spectacular.

Comment

No doubt knocking out Duran is number one, that's the only real knockout of duran in his prime and it was so freaking brutal. Then the Cuaves knockout, then out boxing Wilfredo with a broken hand.

Comment

Working...
            X