Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2009)

Watched this based off some recommendation from people in the Lounge and I'm glad I did because it was pretty good. Swedish murder mystery put together really well, it's the first of a trilogy based on some best selling novels. The title refers to a cyber punk chick but the main story is some magazine writer getting hired to solve an old murder case. Anyways, heard Fincher is gonna remake this, but check out this flick if you can (it's 2.5 hours though). 8/10.

Comment

• I liked Girl Wid Da Dragon Tat.

Downloaded the sequeal, but the subs were really *****. They had half the words in Swedish. ****s!

Godzilla - 1954

Although the Godzilla franchise became a joke with almost 30 films being made, the original is very good.
      Godzilla basically represents the destructive force of the SA-bomb that devestated Hiroshima.
      Even the special effects are good considering how old it is.
      Godzilla dies at the end.

Godzilla Raids Again - 1955.

The sequel. Bad. Just plain bad. More about a couple in love than Godzilla. (they find another identical Godzilla) He fights a dinosaur and gets buried in ice at the end. There is also a strong reference to the Kamikaze fighter pilots from World War 2.

Godzilla versus King Kong - 1962

First colour outing for Godzilla. Looks nice, has some good moments, but the costumes are ****ing stupid looking, and King Kong wins the big fight at the end after he is struck by lightening and is given an energy boost!

Ghidora - The Three Headed Monster - 1964

Best film since the original. Way more complex.
      Meteors, aliens, Mothra (the monster Moth), Rodan (the giant prehistoric bird), alternate dimensions, sexy singing telepathic twins, a plot to assassinate a princess....this film has it all. And its quite well made.
      Still got half an hour to go.

Comment

• Skyline- If aliens ever invade Earth, it will be to stop us from making another movie as bad as Skyline. Even with a free ******* and a promise of a Haye-Klitschko fight in 2011 i would not have enjoyed this film. 1/10

Red- Red has its moments, including a finale that finally provides the action comedy vibe i expected all along, but it still has to count as a mild disappointment. 5/10

Inception- If you think "Lost" was complicated, let's just say it's kitten chow when compared to this. It is irritating for an hour, being so gloomily lit that you need fog lights, then it opens up into a marvellously inventive, somewhat silly but enjoyable heist movie, with a good cast doing things I doubt even they could explain. 8/10

Comment

• The Crazies (1973 & 2010)

Decided to watch the George Romero original and the recent remake back to back just for the hell of it. A gov't aircraft carrying biological weapons crashes in a small town lake affecting the water supply and turning locals into crazy people. It's a good plot (and a clever nod to Romero's zombie films) but the '70's look and extremely low budget is a detriment making things campy when they should be scary.

For the most part the remake does a good job of taking a promising premise and making it better. The basic story is still the same and some key scenes from the OG version remain but a big improvement is that the actual crazies are more menacing. Both films suggest that the government are the real "crazies" it's just the remake pulls it off way more effectively.

Comment

• Saw 3-D - they need to stop making these movies, gory as expected but the storyline was same **** different movie more or less. 4 1/2 out of 10

^ I enjoyed the Crazies, overall I found it to be a pretty entertaining movie

Originally posted by bigamzz View Post
            Skyline- If aliens ever invade Earth, it will be to stop us from making another movie as bad as Skyline. Even with a free ******* and a promise of a Haye-Klitschko fight in 2011 i would not have enjoyed this film. 1/10
            I'll keep that in mind, was kind of interested in the movie and even with tix being $4.50 it doesn't look worth it

**has anyone seen Unstoppable?

Comment

• Bourne Trilogy

Comment

• Righteous Kill -

Murderers/rapists/thugs end up getting murdered, turns out there's a serial killer targeting the scum of society. one thing leads to another, yada yada and it turns out a rookie pair of cops start suspecting that it's a cop doing the killings. DeNiro and Pacino are (veteran) partners. I HAD to watch this movie just based on DeNiro and Pacino. The movie was awesome but for me, it wasn't as awesome as I expected.....still awesome nonetheless

8.5/10

Comment

• Has anyone seen the fourth kind?

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    Has anyone seen the fourth kind?
                    Good movie.

Mak llllllllooooooovvvvveeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss s that movie. I'm sure he'd provide a detailed review.

Comment

• The Others.... watch it.

Micheal Clayton... watch it.

Shutter Island... watch it.

Beautiful Girls... watch it.

Aliens in the attic.... don't watch it.

Comment

Working...
                      X