No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella: "Martinez will fight Mayweather at 150 if he wants, 80/20 split"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    Willingness to come down to 150lb is bait ( the 80/20 split isn't). If they start negotiating the fight they can say ''actually no fight me at this weight'' and it creates a situation where Floyd cannot pull out without looking like a *****.

I'd like to see the fight at 160lb, I'm just not a fan of people making offers they have no intention of honoring.
    That's the only weight where I want to see it. I don't like catch weights at all. If a fighter can't challenge other fighters at their best, the fight shouldn't be made.

It reminds me of the time Freddie Roach claimed Pacquiao wouldn't fight Shane Mosley unless the fight was at 140. Mosley called their bluff and they still didn't want it at that time.

Comment

I'm fine with May-Mart at 154.

Comment

At 150 I give Floyd absolutely no credit. None whatsoever.

Comment

Floyd weight division is 147lbs, if I was advising Floyd I'd tell him " if they want to fight then make 147 or go straight to hell". All these guys want is a huge payday off a guy that has proven unbeatable at 147, ; so why go up in weight when you're not the one needing the cash? These guys and their supporters kill me crying because they want another fighter to come up to their guys comfortable weight. I like Sergio but if he wants a larger check than bring his ass down to the proper weight of go beat up Jr again......

Comment

I would like to see Sergio drop to 154 but not 150 thats way to low. If Mayweather can fight De La Hoya and Cotto at 154 then Mayweather should fight Martinez at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Floyd gets retired in a fight against Sergio, you could offer to fight for free and Floyd still would want you to come in at 147.
              This post is bizarre. Since when has Floyd weightdrained any fighter?

You just described something Manny Pacquiao wanted Martinez to do, but said it's Floyd who would do it, when there is no past evidence that he would weight drain a fighter.

Comment

maywather maybe want fight now so manny disease

soo fu**in new smashing punch! Shpilophosy-punch! crazy

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  That's the only weight where I want to see it. I don't like catch weights at all. If a fighter can't challenge other fighters at their best, the fight shouldn't be made.

It reminds me of the time Freddie Roach claimed Pacquiao wouldn't fight Shane Mosley unless the fight was at 140. Mosley called their bluff and they still didn't want it at that time.
                  but not every fighters best weight is the same as the weight limit. So thats never really going to be a possibility.

Comment

80/20? the way floyds deal is structured "at this particular time" is, "as iv said before", i get all the money or no fight!!! sound like anyone? haha

on a serious note, 154 is acceptable. 160 is better. not that arsed what weight its at, just make the fight.

Comment

sorry karceno, didn't want your video. you're known to fake convos in other vids.

Comment

Working...
                      X