No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Gives Burns Ultimatum: Fight Me or I Move Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner Gives Burns Ultimatum: Fight Me or I Move Up

WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (25-0, 21KOs) has issued an ultimatum to WBO betlholder Ricky Burns. If Burns doesn't fight him in the near future, then Broner intends to move up to the junior welterweight limit of 140-pounds.

Broner officially moved up to 135 last November and won the WBC belt from Antonio DeMarco. Burns (35-2, 10KOs) came to lightweight in November of 2011 and captured the WBO title.

Burns will return on March 16th in a unification encounter with IBF champion Miguel Vazquez. Broner comes back tonight at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, defending his title against Burns' countryman Gavin Rees.
    [Click Here To Read More]

what if Vazquez wins? I would rather see Vazquez/broner...then he can move up and face guys as big as him

Comment

It's going to be one hot 140lb division, damn.

Comment

What kind of ultimatum is this? Burns and Broner both have fights coming up. Broner most likely wins tonight. Burns will have a tough night against Vazquez. If he wins, then he will be an even bigger star and in all honesty, the number one guy in the division. That combined means he brings more many and fans to any possible Broner match up. Meaning Burns will want the fight here in the UK, Broner, if he really wants will have to come here to take the belts, which I doubt because everytime he gets asked that questions he stutters.

Comment

He just looking past Rees. lol :WORD:

Comment

Respect if he does move up. Khan, Peterson, Judah, Garcia and Matthysse would all be intriguing fights for him. I hope he doesn't try and protect his '0' like Floyd's been doing. Being with Al Haymon, he might take that route though.

Comment

This guy is not even considering Vasquez, who is likely to beat Burns in their fight. I wonder why. Is he avoiding Vasquez or what?

Comment

Broner doesn't want to fight Vasquez?

Hopefully Burns will fight him if he wins, but I suspect Warren will want that fight in the UK.

Comment

What kind of threat is that? If a guy is ducking, this worse thing you can do is stay in his division and keep calling him out.

This is what i figured would happen, though.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Doesn't look like an ultimatum to me. Broner just says if Burns doesn't fight him next, he's going to move up. Basically saying what he's going to do if Burns doesn't fight him.

Titles need to be worded better because the majority of posters here read the title, and comment based on the title. They do not read the article.

Comment

Working...
                    X