No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia vs. Judah Tripleheader on Showtime, January 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Wrong, it was after the first Morales fight. And it was Khan's neck not his jaw!
    U ever been hit on the jawbone under your ear?

I doubt it.

I hate that this is gonna be a showcase for quillin. There's been some nice tripleheaders lately. What the third fight?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Read my other comments in the thread, and you'll see I'm one of the only people defending Garcia/Judah. Do you think Zab is a Top 5 LWW?
      LWW of coarse... Judah is a beast at that weight... Zab has only lost twice below 147... to Khan and Tszyu.. he is a beast at 140....

Comment

Judah ain't a beast. He will get beat by Garcia, KO'd or referee stoppage before the 7th. I can understand Garcia's people taking this fight to round off a very successful year but he has to start 2013 with either Matthyse or Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
          More like padding his record trying to avoid Mathysse or any other real challenge, I bet Alvarado, Rios, Mathysse or even JMM would expose his ass!
          Matthysse didn't even finish Zab Judah but I bet Garcia will. The only one I see giving Garcia any problems is JMM because of his experience, skill, chin and technical ability as a fighter all of them other guys only have pressure and a big punch and are limited in important aspects. They take too many punches and the left hook will do damage to guys who like to take punishment to give it.

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
            Or will Garcia bring Barrera out of retirement for another easy fight or possibly rematch Khan. Come on Kid Canelos Moving up Calling for the big names he's out of the phase Danny's going thru right now, just watch what happens to Cottto IF he gets thru Trout!
            Why all this hype about Matthysse when he didn't even beat Zab Judah? The same guy people are crucifying Garcia for fighting?

Comment

Well, other than being the Ring/WBC/WBA champion (which you don't value), he's shown development from his fight with Campbell to his latest fight with Morales 2. He hasn't stagnated as a fighter, hasn't started to rest on his laurels. He starched Khan as an underdog and he starched Morales (who enforced his rematch clause). We knew he was going to beat him, but I didn't think it would be that soon and in that devastating of a fashion. Morales beat Cano for the WBC belt, and Khan was a Top 5 LWW (arguably Top 3) coming off a close/controversial loss to Peterson. I put him @ #1 because he has the biggest bulls-eye on his back, he's now THE guy in the division that everyone is going to go after. My top 5 isn't built like my P4P ranking, where I have Ward/Mayweather at the top because I think their skill/style trumps everyone else's. Even-though I would pick JMM and Matthysse against Garcia, I don't rank them higher than him. Is that why you have Marquez at the top, because you would favor or bet on him to beat everyone else?

Marquez/Rios have only had one fight @140. Guzman has fought 3 irrelevant opponents @140. Alvarado's 2 notable wins came against Herrera and Prescott. Herrera's only notable win was against Provodnikov, who's still unproven himself. Prescott doesn't have a signature win @140, and was coming off a loss to McCloskey before he fought Alvarado.

My point is, rankings are supposed to be objective. Your ranking is based on how much you favor one fighter over the others.
              You starched him.

Comment

Judah won his last fight, he's experienced, and he's a Brooklyn native. I agree that Matthysse should be the one fighting Garcia instead, but GBP is in the process of building him up as an East Coast attraction. Garcia is getting the same treatment that Canelo is getting, and Matthysse is getting the same treatment that Lara is getting. Lucas has earned his shot, and Lara is going to fight for the mandatory position. If anybody isn't doing their job, it's the WBC (they allowed Morales to fight Garcia, and they allowed Garcia to fight Khan). Khan got two consecutive title shots and lost both of them, so he definitely shouldn't be in line for another one.

From a stylistic perspective, I don't have a problem with the match-up. Garcia/Judah will not look like Khan/Judah, and I expect it to be more competitive because as the old adage goes, "Styles make fights." I think Zab failing so many times at this level is why most people hate that it's happening. Zab is a good fighter in his own right, and all we can hope now is that he provides a test for Garcia.
                Garcia will put Zab Judah through the ropes. I look forward to hearing what people will say on here after Zab goes to sleep against Garcia. I just find it odd that Matthysse has become this avoidable beast but this same guy couldn't get Zab Judah out of there after dropping him? And Zab is the same guy that posters on here are saying Garcia is taking to pad his record because he is a hype job? Stye make fights but Garcia is just younger, fresher and better than Judah at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  Garcia will put Zab Judah through the ropes. I look forward to hearing what people will say on here after Zab goes to sleep against Garcia. I just find it odd that Matthysse has become this avoidable beast but this same guy couldn't get Zab Judah out of there after dropping him? And Zab is the same guy that posters on here are saying Garcia is taking to pad his record because he is a hype job? Stye make fights but Garcia is just younger, fresher and better than Judah at this point.

I still like the fight though.

Garcia is sneakier than people know.

First couple rounds should be really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
                    Judah is not on there so when he starch garcia.. dont try to hop on the wagon.. and throw him up there.... u guys are so funny on this site.... Im not on here like that so Im not going to write down all the names of yall writing judah off.... but please after the fight... dont come on here saying "oh my boy judah is back, or damn old zab showed up why dont he do this more often" none of that ****... or garcia was a bum like yall did with the Judah-Paris fight
                    Don't worry because Zab ain't back. He is going to get KO'd. Garcia ain't Vernon Paris.

Comment

• forget matthyse. garcia is ducking cuenca. 43-0 scares him.

Comment

Working...
                      X