Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan on Brook: I Don't Need Him, Not at The Elite Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan on Brook: I Don't Need Him, Not at The Elite Level

Former champion Amir Khan (26-2, 18KOs) was not impressed with Kell Brook's gutsy weekend win over Carson Jones in Sheffield. Brook, who got off to a fast start in the first half of the fight, faded down the stretch and took some punishment, including a badly broken nose. He won a close majority decision on the cards.

[Click Here To Read More]

It's apparent that Brook could never make 140lb, so to entice Khan to 147 he will need some kind of title. Therefore he'd be better off spending his time sounding out the top Welerweights & forget about Khan until the time is right.

Comment

The only thing Khan is right about is that Brook needs him more than he needs Brook, other than that Brook beats him HTH in my opinion.

Comment

Khan is a level above Kell cause of his experience. In no way Khan is an elite fighter as he think he is.

Comment

Not elite yourself son & you'll soon be begging Brook for a payday when Floyd tells you where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
            Khan is a level above Kell cause of his experience. In no way Khan is an elite fighter as he think he is.
            Not the elite fighter he thinks he is, and also not the elite fight alot of people here think he is as well.

Comment

the biggest domestic fight the UK has EVER seen will be between those 2 imo....its only a matter of time...KB has to do his part to make it a special event though....dude gotta get some eye catching wins to buff up his resume imo....oh man, that fight would be huge in a few years...AK can't slip up though either

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                the biggest domestic fight the UK has EVER seen will be between those 2 imo....its only a matter of time...KB has to do his part to make it a special event though....dude gotta get some eye catching wins to buff up his resume imo....oh man, that fight would be huge in a few years...AK can't slip up though either
                I can't imagine it being bigger than Benn - Eubank. That was something else, however Brook - Khan would be quite big.

Until Brook proves himself on the elite level/big stage you can't really argue with Khan's comments. But he isn't the elite fighter he believes himself to be either, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Not elite yourself son & you'll soon be begging Brook for a payday when Floyd tells you where to go.
                  Go to brook for a payday? brook career earnings prob haven't reached 1M yet.

Khan is right he doesn't need Kell and Kell is still two years away from World Class. Just the truth. But if Kell keeps winning and gets a strap the fight will be made. Both fighters gotta do there bit until then

Comment

It seems like posturing as much as anything, as boxers are wont to do. Khan knows that a fight with Brook would fill the MEN Arena or the Reebok stadium, and earn both of them huge amounts of money. It's also an easier introduction to the WW division for him than a lot of other fights, plus great timing as they're fighting within a week of each other.

Plus Khan has always stated he would still like to fight in the UK, so that his fans over here don't have to travel to America every time to see him fight. I hate to sound entitled but I kind of feel he owes it to his fans to try and make this happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X