No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shafikov Dropping Down To 135, Eyes Feb/March Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shafikov Dropping Down To 135, Eyes Feb/March Return

2012 turned to be the best year in Denis Shafikov’s rising career. After a lazy 2011 and struggles with multiple injuries, inferior opposition and promotional problems in 2010, the highly talented switch-hitter from Miass, Russia, re-activated himself with zeal and almost regained his 2009 level of activity (five fights and five wins) albeit versus much better opposition.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'd like to see Shafikov-Broner at 135.

I think the result would surprise a lot of people.

Comment

Excellent! Shafikov is fun to watch, awesome foot work and fast combinations. He will give anybody in 135 a lot of problems. Also a very likable and modest young man, kind of rare qualities among top fighters these days..

Comment

I will be keeping an eye on this guy.

Comment

I hear Ricky Burns needs an opponent...

Comment

Shafikov is one of the most under-rated boxers around.
            I think he'd still beat most of the Junior-welterweights even though outsized by most of them, but it would be an uphill battle - it's a stacked division & a lot of the guys are well over 155 pounds by the time of the fight.
            At lightweight he has the potential to be a dominant, long-running champion.

Comment

He's #2 in the IBF at 140lbs and will probably get a title eliminator oppertunity which he won't pass up on and with Peterson as Champ i like Shafikov's chances. He may be undersized in weight and only 5'5 but he has good power at 140 and terrific skills.

Comment

Working...
              X