Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto would've kept his composure and kept doing what he was doing in the first

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zalez787 View Post
    Wtf are u talking about. Cotto snapped Mannys head back in more than 1 round. With a Clottey defense , Pac would have been Frustrated and countered horribly , not to mention that Cottos jab entered his defense pretty well. Cotto keeping his pace?? of course?? Cotto keeping mannys pace??? of course not , but thats exactly where Cottos chance lies , In not Falling into mannys fight , and not fight at Mannys pace. Are u that dumb. Seriously this is comon sense , have u ever trained. I think u are underestimating defense as a factor to win fights , To beat Manny u need to NOT fall into his pace and busy action packed fight.
    All you say is good, but you failed on one very important detail and that is fights are not won on paper. By your logic we should then just give Zab passes on all his loses and award him the p4p ATG spot because he had the tools to do so. Grow up man.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
      Could of Would of Should of don't win fights. Manny also has the tools to beat Cotto. Oh wait we saw that already.
      ur taking my argument else where , and u dont understand what Im trying to say , and im getting tired. U are discussing one thing and Im discussing another. Next time u reply make sure u know and understand what ur reading.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
        exactly, flatfooted and tired. Now Floyd on the other hand will do what you guys wish Cotto could. Keep a tight tight defence and pop out one punch at a time. A jab and a straight right. Oh and Floyd is much quicker than Cotto and mucher better Defence, longer arms, and stamina for days. I think you cotto fans are confusing what you wish Cotto would do with what Floyd actually does.
        If only that fight happens as you described, i'll be on the edge of my seat the whole 12 rounds! But i really doubt it with floyd not running and just constantly taking potshots.

It might be a snorefest again that's why i ain't paying for that fight.

Wtf are u talking about. Cotto snapped Mannys head back in more than 1 round. With a Clottey defense , Pac would have been Frustrated and countered horribly , not to mention that Cottos jab entered his defense pretty well. Cotto keeping his pace?? of course?? Cotto keeping mannys pace??? of course not , but thats exactly where Cottos chance lies , In not Falling into mannys fight , and not fight at Mannys pace. Are u that dumb. Seriously this is comon sense , have u ever trained. I think u are underestimating defense as a factor to win fights , To beat Manny u need to NOT fall into his pace and busy action packed fight.
        You don't seem to have looked at all Pac's fight and those assertions you have is all assertions and DID NOT HAPPEN NOR IT WOULD, COULD HAPPEN.

Just keep on dreaming what could or would have happened as for me i'm already content IT HAPPENED and got my winnings.

Common sense gets out the window as fast as a bird escaping from a cage once you got hit. That's common sense! Cotto lost it once he got hit and lost everything the 2nd time he got hit again! It all comes down to who can take it and Pac showed he can take Cotto's mean punches!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
          All you say is good, but you failed on one very important detail and that is fights are not won on paper. By your logic we should then just give Zab passes on all his loses and award him the p4p ATG spot because he had the tools to do so. Grow up man.

Am I winning a fight , or am I discussing strategy. Really man , you need to take a comprehensive skills test. Cuz u suck. U have no idea what Im taking about and then have the balls to come with this man. Like I said , Ill leave u idiots to think , and comment on ur own clouded thoughts

Comment

either way pac was too much for him.

Comment

Cotto didn't forget the jab man. Pac figured it out and countered it with a right hook. Once Cotto figured THAT out and tried to counter Pac with a jab while he was coming in straight with a 1-2, Pac figured THAT out and decided to switch the combo up and end with a right hook over top Miguel's counter jab. That sequence caused the first kd.

You guys are underestimating Manny's intelligance in the ring. the only thing Cotto really messed up on imo was jumping off the ropes and attacking Pac recklessly opening himself up to get knocked down. And I disagree witht he first kd being the killer. That was fine. The second kd more or less ended the fight. Cotto came back strong in the 5th, but he was already damaged I think.

I don't remember Cotto ever doing what he did either, chasing Pac recklessly like that. Manny really tricked him there witht he rope a dope.

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
                If only that fight happens as you described, i'll be on the edge of my seat the whole 12 rounds! But i really doubt it with floyd not running and just constantly taking potshots.

It might be a snorefest again that's why i ain't paying for that fight.

You don't seem to have looked at all Pac's fight and those assertions you have is all assertions and DID NOT HAPPEN NOR IT WOULD, COULD HAPPEN.

Just keep on dreaming what could or would have happened as for me i'm already content IT HAPPENED and got my winnings.

Common sense gets out the window as fast as a bird escaping from a cage once you got hit. That's common sense! Cotto lost it once he got hit and lost everything the 2nd time he got hit again! It all comes down to who can take it and Pac showed he can take Cotto's mean punches!

I loved the fight and I am happy with the resutls , I witnessed history in boxing , and a great fight for as long as It lasted , Competitive??? no , not at all. Could it have been more?? yes , of course , But Cotto failed , and Im just giving my opinion on the subject started in this thread , and I do agree with the ts . A more patience Cotto could have pulled it off , But he tried to brawl , And u cant do that against Pac. There are fights were u need to do more than just brawl , where u have to do more than just try to hurt ur opponent as quick as the second , And Cotto thought he could but he couldnt. Like they said , Pac surprised us by taking our shots like he did. Thats why he kept throwing them cuz he didnt know he could take them , If not , he would have had patience. IMO , u got urs , I got mine. I understand urs. U cant see mine. but is ok I dont expect u to.

Comment

ur taking my argument else where , and u dont understand what Im trying to say , and im getting tired. U are discussing one thing and Im discussing another. Next time u reply make sure u know and understand what ur reading.

Am sorry man but excuses are excuses. You could also focus on Manny's attributes and analyze to death how he can empose them on Cotto for a win. You could do that with any fight and fighter. I welcome you to reality.

Comment

Am I winning a fight , or am I discussing strategy. Really man , you need to take a comprehensive skills test. Cuz u suck. U have no idea what Im taking about and then have the balls to come with this man. Like I said , Ill leave u idiots to think , and comment on ur own clouded thoughts

HAhahaha so now its just strategy talk. Nice back pedalling mother ****er.

Comment

That's the difference between champs and gd boxers, calzaghe or karl thompson got their arses kicked for 2 rounds by haye/roy jones but kept there cool and went on to a dominant victory. End of the day Cotto just didn't have what it takes, will be different against mayweather if manny doesn't ***** out.

Comment

Working...
                      X