Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just had a nice piece of Mackerel.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CSCD View Post
    Monkfish with pancetta and a white wine sauce is immaculate too

what's monkfish go for in your area per lb?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      By the way, when gutting fish always be careful, at least if it's a fish like the red gurnard I posted. I enjoy cooking, but I'm no expert in working with fish. In every kitchen in Japan though there are these really convenient broilers which are small, but big enough to fit most fish. I guess I'll just post a photo.

So when I buy whole fish, I usually just cut the belly open and rip out all the guts and throw it in the broiler.

The fish I had yesterday apparently had to take a shit, when it was caught, because when I squeezed it to try to get a good grip before cutting the belly open some shit was coming out. Wasn't an issue, and I proceeded to cut it open, and ripped out the guts (though I quite accidentally, though quite fortunately, left the liver, as you can see from the photo I posted). After I had basically cleaned it out, there was one stubborn organ left which I couldn't get by just pulling on it. I almost left it, thinking that some fish organs are good eating, I just don't ever know which ones, and maybe this was one of the good ones (Very amateurish, I know.)

Luckily, I then thought better of this, and navigated my knife inside the fish and carefully cut the base and then ripped this organ out. It wasn't until then that I realized it was the intestines, as some shit squeezed out again. So I almost had broiled fish shit by accident.

Good learning experience. I'm sharing it with you guys just in case someone may profit from it.
      Had to Google the word "broil" apparently it means grilled.

Grilling is often used as a synonym for broiling, though in the United States when we use the verb "to grill," we technically mean that the food is cooked over a direct heat source. Broiling is a cooking method in which food is cooked directly under a high heat source. (Barbecuing generally refers to cooking food over indirect heat.)

To confuse matters, our British and Australian friends refer to what we call broiling as grilling; hence the term "grilled cheese," which in the UK is generally made open-faced and heated under a broiler, not fried in a pan in the American fashion.

Comment

Nobody else eats gar? That's easily my favorite fish.

Comment

Before:

After:

Comment

Before:

After:
            you eat it raw?

Comment

I'll bet Jose830 eats bacala.. For some reason the Italians and the Puerto Ricans love that stuff.

I find it to be the most disgusting things I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                you eat it raw?
                I do love sashimi. But actually, this particular fish is most often eaten raw in Japan.

It's a 'young amberjack'.

I also cook my fish. But, it's quite fun to make sashimi, and plus I'm practicing a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  I'll bet Jose830 eats bacala.. For some reason the Italians and the Puerto Ricans love that stuff.

I find it to be the most disgusting things I've ever had.
                  haha!
                  that's delicious and its called "bacalao" very salty fish and is not disgusting

you should try it bro!
                  that fish its the closest you'll probably get to pu55y
                  Last edited by -jose-; 02-02-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I do love sashimi. But actually, this particular fish is most often eaten raw in Japan.

It's a 'young amberjack'.

I also cook my fish. But, it's quite fun to make sashimi, and plus I'm practicing a bit.
                    do you soak it in lemon first or just eat it as is

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                      haha!
                      that's delicious and its called "bacalao" very salty fish and is not disgusting

you should try it bro!
                      that fish its the closest you'll probably get to pu55y
                      In Italian its bacala.

And I get laid. Just not from women I'm particularly attracted to.

Comment

Working...
                      X