No announcement yet.

Amir Khan stopped Victor Ortiz in 2 rounds in 2003

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan stopped Victor Ortiz in 2 rounds in 2003

"Not a lot of people know that I boxed Ortiz in the amateurs and I stopped him in the second round. I beat him in the 2003 Junior Olymipc Games in Louisiana, and I remember the whole American team coming up to and saying, 'You're not going to beat this guy.' But the guy didn't hit me once. He was the number-one guy and going into the fight he was unbeaten for so long, so the odds were completely against me."

-Amir Khan September 2008 issue of The Ring

Did anyone else know about this?
    Last edited by warp1432; 06-12-2008, 05:37 PM.

Battle of the shakey chins!

Comment

stopped him? sounds like bs to me, Ortiz would whoop him in the pros...

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
        stopped him? sounds like bs to me, Ortiz would whoop him in the pros...
        Can you prove that it's BS, or do you refuse to accept it because Ortiz is Mexican?

Comment

there is a rumour that Henry Tillman beat Mike Tyson and in amateurs and then got destroyed in 1 round in Mike's comback fight

also i cant remember Tyrell Biggs having a stellar career ,allthough he beat Lennox Lewis

abdullaev beat Cotto in the Olympics ,Cotto beat him as a Pro

This really means nothing ,one of the ones that i can think of that did have a bearing was Mosley v Forrest

Comment

The amaetuer game is completely different than the pro game. Taylor beat Pavlik in the amaetuers but look what happened in the pros. Ortiz would beat Khan in the pros you can take that to the bank.

Comment

wow didnt know that go khan!

Comment

Khan as amazing as an amateur, I really thought he'd be the next Floyd Mayweather. He doesn't seem to have grown much since then in knowledge but he's still young and I have high hopes for him.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                  "Not a lot of people know that I boxed Ortiz in the amateurs and I stopped him in the second round. I beat him in the 2003 Junior Olymipc Games in Louisiana, and I remember the whole American team coming up to and saying, 'You're not going to beat this guy.' But the guy didn't hit me once. He was the number-one guy and going into the fight he was unbeaten for so long, so the odds were completely against me."

-Amir Khan September 2008 issue of The Ring

Did anyone else know about this?
                  2003 fast forward to 2008 and Vicious Victor Ortiz stops Amir Khan.

Comment

Victor Ortiz was stopped in two rounds by a 16 year old Amir Khan prompting the Americans to almost beg Khan to represent USA at the Olympics as at the time it seemed Britain wouldn't let him compete as he was under 18...

Comment

Working...
                    X