Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Guerrero-Selcuck Aydin in The Works For July?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Guerrero-Selcuck Aydin in The Works For July?

Sources have advised BoxingScene.com that Robert Guerrero (29-1-1, 18KOs) could possibly make his welterweight debut in the montt of July, against hard-hitting WBC silver champion Selcuk Aydin (23-0, 17KOs). Guerrero would be moving up by two weight divisions to make this potential fight, and Showtime is the rumored network of choice for the contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pretty good debut opponent. Top ten ww

Comment

Wow. he's skipping 140. Very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Pretty good debut opponent. Top ten ww
        agreed........

Comment

I like this fight,nice welcome to WW for R.G....

Comment

Great opponent for his first fight back, especially since he's skipping 140. Aydin is a legit Top 10 WW. He beat Jo Jo Dan twice, regardless of what people thought of the scoring. Guerrero will take him though, as long as he carries the weight fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Wow. he's skipping 140. Very impressive.
              I don't know about impressive,there were some very losable fights at 140lb he's not taking..Sounds more like skipping the hard stuff and gambling for a May shot...

Comment

This what he has to do to have any credibility at WW. I wonder if he is going to get a tune up fight before this one since he has been on the shelf for so long

Comment

Fight Aydin in July and get a win over a Top 10 WW. It opens the door for him to fight many other people. Khan would be moving up to 147 most likely in late 2012, Alexander-Maidana winner, Berto-Ortiz 11 winner, Brook, Malignaggi-Senchenko winner. Hopefully this happens. Aydin is a pretty good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    I don't know about impressive,there were some very losable fights at 140lb he's not taking..Sounds more like skipping the hard stuff and gambling for a May shot...
                    Fighting a top ten WW is hard stuff.

It's physically impressive if he beats a natural top ten WW after skipping 140.

The actual skipping the division is probably a business move. Correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X