No announcement yet.

Do and donts before a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do and donts before a fight

I'm having my first fight tomorow, weigh in is at 8 am, and the fights start at 2 pm. Im at the right weight and all but what should I be eating atm, and before the fight, in the morning tomorow etc. And should I be completely resting today, if someone could fill me in on some stuff that would be cool. Also is it cool for me to do some situps to strengthen my stomach up a lil bit more.

the force is with you

just eat after weigh in, eat what you can. At my first fight i could only eat a banana cause i was to tense. Just relax today and just see where it brings you

good luck brother

Comment

try to eat some pasta tonight if making weight is no problem, rest is the big thing here. completely relax and stretch some. and try to eat a little between the weigh in and your fight, my first fight I ate nothing and was hungry by the time I started fighting, body shots hurt even more.

Comment

Yea if you're right at weight you're pretty much screwed for eating too much. But if you got a pound of two to spare, eat lightly in the morning so you're not famished at 2pm. Check0in is at 2pm but I find they tend to run a bit late. So assume you won't be eating anything until about 3pm.

After weigh in, get some OJ and drink. Eat something light that won't make you sick.

Comment

The night before weigh-in i had a small of veggies and chicken. Morning before weigh in which was at 12pm i had a small bowl of oats, after weigh in carb up wif pasta n' sauce. Then chips and a hotdog after lol

Comment

nahh man there is no need for some extra situpps whats done is done thats what ive been told and i hear it often when other boxers ask about it, and me b4 fights i just calm man to tell u the truth i actually messed around my my friends little bro lol joke around with my team, i dont know about u guys but i take hot WaRM bath b4 i go 2 sleep i really really relasxes ya, good luck man ill check back 2 marrow

Comment

Dos: Sleep good, take it easy on the liquids if you have to make weight, if your too nurvous or too tense to eat a full meal after the weigh in then have a meal bar or a protein bar(and no it didnt **** me up and It gave me a nice boost before my last fight).

Stay focused throughout the day of the fight(avoid distractions or things that might lead into distractions)
              Before your fight stay in a quiet calm place, if you have to avoid sitting and watching the fights then do so. Last thing you want to go in the ring with your mind on your friend or team mate that just got stopped or lost(its attracting negative energy).
              Keep your mind clear and on only one thing(the bigger picture)

Donts:
              Dont have anything like a energy drink or anything thats a stimulant.
              I know everyone on here says this but **** having a **** load of food in your stomach before you fight!
              I say just get enough food after you weigh in because as we all know amateur boxing schedules get very unorganized, so chances are you never know if afew fights might get pushed or canceld and you might be fighting next or in a fight or two(last thing you want to do is go into a fight with a overly full stomach.)
              So dont have too much food!
              Dont **** around with your girlfriend or some other girl before the fight. I know people say its a myth but trust me I can tell the difference if I had any sexual contact with a girl before I workout or spar.

DO NOT PANIC IF YOUR OPPONENT CHARGES AT YOU AT THE RING OF THE BELL! WHEN YOUR OPPONENT IS GOING CRAZY TRYING TO CHARGE AT YOU STAY CALM AND DONT PANIC. INSTEAD MOVE AND MAKE HIM LOOK STUPID.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
                Dos: Sleep good, take it easy on the liquids if you have to make weight, if your too nurvous or too tense to eat a full meal after the weigh in then have a meal bar or a protein bar(and no it didnt **** me up and It gave me a nice boost before my last fight).

Stay focused throughout the day of the fight(avoid distractions or things that might lead into distractions)
                Before your fight stay in a quiet calm place, if you have to avoid sitting and watching the fights then do so. Last thing you want to go in the ring with your mind on your friend or team mate that just got stopped or lost(its attracting negative energy).
                Keep your mind clear and on only one thing(the bigger picture)

Donts:
                Dont have anything like a energy drink or anything thats a stimulant.
                I know everyone on here says this but **** having a **** load of food in your stomach before you fight!
                I say just get enough food after you weigh in because as we all know amateur boxing schedules get very unorganized, so chances are you never know if afew fights might get pushed or canceld and you might be fighting next or in a fight or two(last thing you want to do is go into a fight with a overly full stomach.)
                So dont have too much food!
                Dont **** around with your girlfriend or some other girl before the fight. I know people say its a myth but trust me I can tell the difference if I had any sexual contact with a girl before I workout or spar.

DO NOT PANIC IF YOUR OPPONENT CHARGES AT YOU AT THE RING OF THE BELL! WHEN YOUR OPPONENT IS GOING CRAZY TRYING TO CHARGE AT YOU STAY CALM AND DONT PANIC. INSTEAD MOVE AND MAKE HIM LOOK STUPID.
                u know ive been thinking of makin a thread about that, the other day i saw in ESPN and tito ortiz was there and talkin about that, and he said it was ok to mess around but just to get a good night sleep

Comment

hope you do okay mate. he'll prob try and charge at you and you'll prob do same to him. but be aggressive but dont let it turn into a scrappy brawl, move on your toes, stay busy with that jab and look for a power shot. this is almost as m,uch for me as you as i have my second fight in a weeks time lol

Comment

Ya i lost I wasnt my self I usually am relaxed sparring and can throw quick combos and fast hands, during the fight I was really tense and was spending my energy trying to hit him hard it was also 93 degrees outside, well this loss will drive me to train harder for the next fight

Comment

Working...
                    X