No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    Wow! Everyone just forgets who young Floyd was. Even though Broner is talented, he fights like the "now" Floyd. Young Floyd was more aggressive than Broner; Floyd is much more fluid in his punches, better reflexes, defence, better agility, better balance, turn his punches better, a million times quicker and faster, better ring smarts and just about equal in Power. Having said this, I said to myself last night that Broners' limitation might be trying to copy Floyd's Style. I think if he be himself and allow his body to react to its natural tendencies he would be a better fighter, because things he did last night look forced and awkward and amateur at best e.g whenever he tries to punch off the shoulder roll and the pitty patty punches with his chin exposed; a more skilled fighter with better power than Demarco would have been able to capitalize on this. Overall Demarco was a good win, but not the type to sold me on Broner yet, though I am looking forward to his next fight, he needs to be the underdog in a fight the way Floyd were against Corrales.
    We all know that Broner doesn't have the talent that Mayweather has, still is the future though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
      We all know that Broner doesn't have the talent that Mayweather has, still is the future though.
      Between him and Canelo for the title of best fighter under the age of 25. Russell Jr and the two Garcias would be up there as well.

Comment

Then stop trying to b him. U even have the face expressions packed down. Doesn't matter who u fight the only way to b ur own man is to get floyds nuts surgically removed from ur mouth.

Comment

The comparisons will always be there but if he keeps winning and fights better opposition the comparisons may lean in his favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
            Broner has the ability to eclipse Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
              Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking, he might end up in a Victor Ortiz type situation. Even in all the still photos posted to Bscene he has his mouth open hitting the mitts.
              yeah my dad saw that too. close that mouth bron

Comment

broner is definetly attracting the hip-hop crowd as well tyga,wacka flocka flame, and now kendrick lamar.

Comment

If it was possible to put Floyd at 130 in the ring with Broner at 130, Floyd would have massacred this kid. Sure Broner has talent but at this stage of Floyd's career he was almost or if not already a complete fighter. Floyd was something and amazed everyone. To top it off, Floyd was fighting waaaay better guys then Broner did at 130 and now 135. Mayweather is just an all around natural talent while Broner is trying to imitate that same talent he doesn't have. His whole fight game and personality is revolved around Mayweather so how can anyone say Broner has a chance to be better than Mayweather? He would have to change up everything he is doing now and be a totally different fighter inside/outside of the ring, to even have a chance to not be compared to Floyd.

Mayweather in his early career was serious and always about fighting top guys to get his name out there. He wasn't clowning around. A lot of posters on here are used to seeing the "Money May" persona but forget or never even saw fully "PBF" because PBF was about his business while Money May is about image and attention. Seems that posters are confused on here about which one Broner is trying to duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                    broner is definetly attracting the hip-hop crowd as well tyga,wacka flocka flame, and now kendrick lamar.
                    A lot of that has to do with Al Haymon.

Comment

Yea this is getting ridiculous.. you tell em Broner!

Broner is his own person, only similarities between him and Mayweather are their fighting styles and personalities.

Comment

Working...
                      X