Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is boxing about??coming from nothing to something right.you earn your spot right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    And the reality is boxing has gone down hill in popularity to point where it's a niche sport like the X games where at one time it was a major sport on par with baseball and football.

That IS reality. If the decline of boxing doesn't cause you any alarm then I don't know what to say to you.

Poet
    It doesn't, I know that isn't changing so I don't concern myself with that. I know if dudes had no chance for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow it would be in even worse shape though.

Times change you can either keep making buggy whips or find a new way to make the company work~

I don't blame the fighters for that, as people still like watching hand to hand combat. The people in charge have screwed the pooch and let the game fall apart on the low end only concerned about the top end which pays out, but they forget without the low end guys will never reach the high end.

If only the people in charge, or if even anyone was in charge were like you maybe the sport would be better off.
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-29-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
      LMFAAOOO at the pure and utter pwnage of gambler. I knew that gambler was involved in a 28 page thread trying his hardest not to concede to anything and thinking that he actually won the argument by always getting the last word in with non sensical, hypothetical, moving the goal posts, twisting the truth rebuttals.

smh at this thread and larry. everybody knows being mandatory doesnt always equate to a boxer earning it. boxing organizations are so corrupt that rankings and mandatories have been changed to fit their agenda.

this is common knowledge.
      I am not scared of this thread I am perfectly happy with it, or I wouldn't still be here.

Besides people who disagree are just the opposite side of a bet, I don't view the sport to look at it the same as most sheep on this site. Betting on boxing is like playing the stock market it doesn't matter if you are bullish or bearish you can make money the sheep though they get slaughtered, so if I like a guy or not it doesn't matter because I can still make money with either and the less people that feel the way I do the better~ it makes me smile

Comment

LMFAAOOO at the pure and utter pwnage of gambler. I knew that gambler was involved in a 28 page thread trying his hardest not to concede to anything and thinking that he actually won the argument by always getting the last word in with non sensical, hypothetical, moving the goal posts, twisting the truth rebuttals.

smh at this thread and larry. everybody knows being mandatory doesnt always equate to a boxer earning it. boxing organizations are so corrupt that rankings and mandatories have been changed to fit their agenda.

this guy red k'd me and said the WBC made baldo the mandatory??really??why would they make a no name a mandatory???plus he fought an eliminator

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          this guy red k'd me and said the WBC made baldo the mandatory??really??why would they make a no name a mandatory???plus he fought an eliminator
          You should look up the WBC rankings and see the people they put at number one and the fighters they have fighting eliminators. They give plenty of guys shots they don't deserve. Devon Alexander, for example.

Comment

only in a *****s world and a ***** like Larry this exist. They believe that being undefeated means youre the best in the world. They believe that if you have a title you earned it. They look past resumes of who they fought and what they did to accomplish their chance and opportunity. lol @ this

Comment

• baldomir is floyd best win. lolol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                baldomir is floyd best win. lolol
                Floyd Baldomir 2 May5th ...now thats a fight. :cat:

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  So what? What is your point? Who cares?

Comment

• Julio Cesar Chavez Jr....this should be Floyd next fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X