No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Diaz’s 2nd Comeback Fight Set For Aug. 17, on TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Diaz’s 2nd Comeback Fight Set For Aug. 17, on TV

Juan Diaz will appear on UniMas on Aug. 17, meeting Adailton De Jesus in the main event of a “Solo Boxeo Tecate” broadcast, according to Dan Rafael of ESPN.com.

The card, which will take place in Laredo, Texas, is promoted by Top Rank.

Diaz had left the sport in June 2011, about a year after he lost a unanimous decision to Juan Manuel Marquez in their July 2010 rematch — his second loss in a row, his third loss in four fights, and his fourth loss in six fights. He withdrew from a scheduled fight and decided to focus instead on his professional life. [Click Here To Read More]

I saw his bout vs Cuevas & I wasn't impressed @ all...he looked heavy & flabby vs a guy that is merely a trial horse....let's c what the next 1 brings...

Comment

best of luck, Baby Bull

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        I saw his bout vs Cuevas & I wasn't impressed @ all...he looked heavy & flabby vs a guy that is merely a trial horse....let's c what the next 1 brings...
        cant blame him...i'm sure the pay is better than his offfice job.. He did look very flabby and unimpressive though in his comback fight.. hope he can shake of the rust.

Comment

Originally posted by JeanGrey View Post
          cant blame him...i'm sure the pay is better than his offfice job.. He did look very flabby and unimpressive though in his comback fight.. hope he can shake of the rust.
          He has always been flabby. Never had an impressive looking body.

Comment

Originally posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
            He has always been flabby. Never had an impressive looking body.
            agreed but this time it was hanging/dangling. He never had a pack but it did had seen better days

Comment

He gets beat by the first contender he fights....

Wouldnt be surprised if he lost one of these tune-ups....

Fighters like diaz have very short shelf lives,,,, He is a come-forward pressure volume puncher with little power..... Very hard to compete at the top level

Comment

Working...
              X