Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bryant Jennings Ready To Face Klitschko on April 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If NBC got involved this could actually be a big fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      He's not bad, and I like him but his promoter is stupid to throw him in there though. There is very few American prospects, he's definitely a lot better than Deontay Windmill. But he's not ready yet. He's not going to outbox Wladimir though... To beat Wladimir you have to hurt him and take him out and Jennings can't do that. Chris Byrd tried to outbox Wladimir and he got smoked in both fights and he's more skilled than Jennings.

But I wouldn't mind seeing the fight.
      Your underestimating Jennings power, he has legit power, his reach is ridiculous , and he is a an in fighter, whom can box his way in. He also has good fundamentals. Also to compare him to Byrd is ridiculous . Byrd was a true middle weight, whom fought @ heavy just for the $$$, No matter how much skills Byrd had he was too small and clearly had no power. Also less skilled guys has KO Wladimir Brewster, Sanders, Prurity, also Peter had Wladimir going if it wasn't for his constant clinching. Ross Prurity & Peter wasn't nearly as skilled and in shape as Jennings, Sanders & Brewster while not the most skilled did have underrated skills, but my point is Jennings is a true heavy, who i think is 6'2-6'3 225-230. I look at a fighter like Jennings, and even though his record is slim, he's seems to be a true fighter/born boxer, unlike Wilder & Mitchell. Look @ who Jennings has fought compared to the likes of Wilder, Mitchell only had 1 credible opponent who almost KO him and that's witherspoon. For a fighter like Jennings this is the perfect time for a fight vs Wladimir. Also once you touch Wlad's chin is not hard to put him in full panic mode. Now with that said i think it's a tall mountain to climb for Jennings if he gets a shot, but I think with the tools he has he can make a run for it, ALSO IN MY GENERATION OF BOXING, JENNINGS HAS ONE OF THE BEST UPPERCUTS FOR @ HEAVY SINCE THE LIKES OF HOLYFIELD, TYSON, & LENNOX.WHAT I NOTICED THAT ONCE WLAD STARTS TO LEAN ON HIS OPPONENTS NOT ONE FIGHTER HAS EVER TRIED THE UPPERCUT IN CLOSE, THATS THE SAME THING THAT HAPPEN WITH LENNOX VS VITALI. THAT WOULD BE A KEY WEAPON FOR JENNINGS, LET WLAD LEAN, THAN PIVOT OR STEP TO THE SIDE AND SHOOT THAT UPPERCUT, LIKE JENNINGS DID IN HIS LAST FIGHT, AND PREVIOUS FIGHTS, AND KNOW I'M NOT COMPARING FIGHTERS TO WLAD, I'M TALKING ABOUT JENNINGS SKILL SET NO MATTER WHO'S HE FACING
      Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 02-05-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Jennings doesn't stand a chance, way too small for the Klit's

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          Jennings doesn't stand a chance, way too small for the Klit's
          I understand you think he doesn't stand a chance. But how is he way to small for Wlad. Jennings is listed @ 6'2 1/2- 6-3 with multiple sources, and his weight is 225-230. Vlad last opponent was 6'7 250 in Wach and he got annihilated as well as the 6'5 245-thompson. While the guys whom KO Wlad, brewster-6'2 weight 226, Sanders-6'4 weight 225, & Purity-6'3 weight 225, also Peter in the 1st fight is 6'2. So it would seem being overly big is not the best idea in hoping to beat Wlad! These are facts I listed you can look them up

Comment

You're not ready, but good luck

Comment

This is coming from a guy who got flustered when asked about fighting Wilder.lol

Comment

Originally posted by cdub2 View Post
                This is coming from a guy who got flustered when asked about fighting Wilder.lol
                I'll get flustered to, I'll feel disrespected with questions fighting wilder. Wilder is a bronze medalist, golden gloves champ with numerous amateur titles, but yet he's fighting circus freaks. Also here is the interview lets not make nothing up please! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aENx56qG54

Comment

Actually with the exception of Lennox Lewis and maybe Riddick Bowe at their best... you don't want to be 'big' against Wlad.

A 6'2 guy that's 230 of muscles is perfect against a 6'6 Wladimir.

Outside of Prime Lewis and maybe Prime Bowe.. all the other super heavys will lose to Wlad. Past or Present.

It's the smaller guys who have the style to trouble Wlad.

Jennings's size is perfect... it's that he's not quite ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    Actually with the exception of Lennox Lewis and maybe Riddick Bowe at their best... you don't want to be 'big' against Wlad.

A 6'2 guy that's 230 of muscles is perfect against a 6'6 Wladimir.

Outside of Prime Lewis and maybe Prime Bowe.. all the other super heavys will lose to Wlad. Past or Present.

It's the smaller guys who have the style to trouble Wlad.

Jennings's size is perfect... it's that he's not quite ready yet.
                    Perfect post and I agree, that's why i don't get how guys doesn't see this, I would only give Bowe & Lennox a chance past and present of the super heavies vs the Wlad, only because they are superior to him in infighting.Also the slightly smaller like Holyfield/Ibeabuchi/Norton or shorter guys like Tyson/Frazier/Marciano type of guys has to be in tremendous shape mentally and physically, with excellent head movement and be able to give Wlad angles to take down Wlad. I just think this is a golden ticket if Jennings get Wlad, but like I said it's a tall mountain " Mt. Everest" to climb, but sometimes you have to take those chances when it's presented. If the champ does give you that chance you have to take it
                    Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Why would anyone be calling for this fight? Bryant Jennings hasn't even fought a top 50 HW but he should fight the champ? The division is terrible as it is, we don't need to ruin fighters before they are ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X