No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Gamboa (Allegedly) Neither 1st Nor Last

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Gamboa weighed 148 against Farrenas, Pacquiao weighed 151 against Marquez.
    Look at the timeline of gamboa's alleged doping (2008-2009)..he was not weighing 148 in those days my friend...again details are key if you are going to argue a point. Does gamboa drain himself and should be fighting at a higher division these days yes. But he's had this build for a very long time even before he was coming in on fight night over 140. Go look at pics of gamboa for 130 weigh-in's and compare his body to a pacquaio weighin for his fight with ODH. This is why I don't limit my boxing reading to boxingscene..others have gone wayyyy more in depth regarding timelines..builds..weight changes etc than they did here.

Comment

lololol and Gamboa still couldn't put Farenas down. Farenas gets even more respect in my book...

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        I'm not getting into the childish antics you wish to iniate..my age has nothing to do with my knowledge of these drugs..I have said it time and time again here..I am a retired cyclist..I know about PED's first hand. Now onto the subject at hand..nobody accused manny of ped's based on his stamina..which is what lance was accused of. In addition lance burned about 10k to 12k in calories a day due to his training regiment. Most PED's have a side effect of water retention. Now again comparing lance's spectacular results from doping to manny's is inappropriate they would've been using different drugs for different outcomes. The number one reason ppl suspected pacquaio was via his power to knock people out...you think lance with all his drugs could've turned into a fighter because of it? NOPE! So please if you are going to debate my point and my merits at least do so with a proper comparison. One thing I will say is every athlete ever busted for doping in boxing has had an insane physique which i'm sorry but anyone who has shown up to a manny pacquaio press conference or has seen him at an appearance can tell this guy is even small for his height so no I do not believe he has doped..others in the sport who proclaim their cleanliness I most definitely do. Hell I think Bradley is a doper personally...
        Power is simply one aspect (and you cant base your argument on what "most believe")When an accusation is based on opinion it creates an endless useless debate.

In basic form:
        a PED will help a faster person become faster, a hard thrower can throw a bit more harder, a leaper may leap higher or further, and so on.... In boxing we all know that speed kills and basically if you add a bit more of anything to a fighter he may become just that much better.

Its not just if you can dodge a punch more quickly but you can also hit harder if your punch is coming faster with the right momentum or force.

Comment

Working...
        X