No announcement yet.

People who underestimate boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    I have an ex pro NFL player in one of the gyms I train at. He said to me he's never worked this hard and had something BE so hard for him to learn and the guy is in excellent shape.

Boxing is no joke and the most beautiful, toughest sport on the planet.
    He's in excellent football shape! Everyone is different.

I have two friends, both excellent athletes, in fact, their athletic ability is comparable to what we see on t.v. One guy use to run a 4.3 40. He's explosive and agile. My other friend, nowhere near as fast, but, quick as lightning and his dexterity is way better than the other guy I mentioned. so, who would you say is the better athlete.

Here's the funny thing. The guy that runs the 40 in 4.3 sec and played football since he was 8 and dabbled in boxing and other forms of martial arts thinks that boxing much harder than football.

Yet, my other friend who excelled in soccer, boxed and competed in other martial arts wouldn't dare go back to playing football. He played football for one season and said it was the toughest sport and was quite intimidated by the contact that happens in the gridiron and he has sparred with world champs in Muay Thai and has had numerous fights in boxing and other types of martial arts. See what I'm sayin' .

I'm tellin' ya, there's no punch that can match the force of a sidekick or a roundhouse kick using the shin. Blocking a hook from Tyson is one thing, but, blocking a roundhouse kick with your forearms is a totally different type of pain, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post

I have two friends, both excellent athletes, in fact, their athletic ability is comparable to what we see on t.v. One guy use to run a 4.3 40. He's explosive and agile. My other friend, nowhere near as fast, but, quick as lightning and his dexterity is way better than the other guy I mentioned. so, who would you say is the better athlete.

Here's the funny thing. The guy that runs the 40 in 4.3 sec and played football since he was 8 and dabbled in boxing and other forms of martial arts thinks that boxing much harder than football.

Yet, my other friend who excelled in soccer, boxed and competed in other martial arts wouldn't dare go back to playing football. He played football for one season and said it was the toughest sport and was quite intimidated by the contact that happens in the gridiron and he has sparred with world champs in Muay Thai and has had numerous fights in boxing and other types of martial arts. See what I'm sayin' .

I'm tellin' ya, there's no punch that can match the force of a sidekick or a roundhouse kick using the shin. Blocking a hook from Tyson is one thing, but, blocking a roundhouse kick with your forearms is a totally different type of pain, bro.
      ^^^this.... right there

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
        It's funny that i read your comment and look at the guys sig below you and see guys hugging each other, lol.
        lol I thought exactly the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by alex93adi View Post
          haha, yes.. there are many of guys. I eventually "fighted" with them as they constantly were challenging me. So we went in a park, we put on the gloves and fought. As they are my friends, I din't want to hurt them, so I only used the jab. Still, they were not able to touch me, and they eventually run out of gas in about 1 min(they were desperately throwing punches in order to hurt me). So I would say that you should take one of those and have some fun with him. He will never make fun of this sport again, and eventually will show you respect after you play with him for a couple of minutes.
          My instance might have been different as he challenged me saying "just cause you box doesn't mean you can fight."

This happened to me as well and I stopped one of my friends in the first round. Wasn't even trying to go too hard, just hit him with a body shot and he dropped then he got back up and I let him try and hit me for a little just to be nice then dropped him again with another body shot and by this time he called it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            My instance might have been different as he challenged me saying "just cause you box doesn't mean you can fight."

This happened to me as well and I stopped one of my friends in the first round. Wasn't even trying to go too hard, just hit him with a body shot and he dropped then he got back up and I let him try and hit me for a little just to be nice then dropped him again with another body shot and by this time he called it quits.

The moment i get into a street fight that's exactly where I'm going Left hook to the body followed by a straight right to there ****ing beak. Getting punched in the nose sucks.... I'll play around with the jabs but once he tries to grab me I'm gonna Disassemble (whomever) rib cage.

Comment

haha hey thanks guys. thing is i actually challenged them to a fight when i didnt even spar and i got beaten bad haha. but now i have the skills to just tighten my guard, just let them hit some punches and ill just go **** crazy when i do fight them haha. their punches are nothing compared to my coach's lol

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post

Of course, a leg is much more powerful than your arm but...

A punch is still more lethal because it's easier to land. That's why you see most KO's come from punches because it's much harder to block or slip a punch than it is a kick that is coming from much farther.

For me, boxing and wrestling are the two most practical combat sports. Wrestling helps you in grappling obviously and being good with your hands can end a fight very quickly.

Comment

Anyone who thinks it easy...

should step in the ring and try it for a few moments. Football player Mark Gastinaou tried as did Too Tall Jones and many others and they got there ass kicked. The world's strongest man, Paul Anderson tried against very bad opposition and lost two of four fights. Thank God he never fought a real fighter. Ron Stander easily beat Lyle Alzado in the amateurs. I could go on, but let them try it themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X