No announcement yet.

1982 Gerry Cooney vs 1997 Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Lewis could not do what you are claiming against Rahman or McCall and Cooney is a far more aggressive proposition than either of those two journeymen
    Oh I'm fairly certain that neither landed a left hook of note and both were fairly easily handled in their respective rematches. Cooney was essentially a one handed fighter and Lennox's weakness was the straight right.

Name a prime fighter that Cooney beat that was anywhere near Lewis' league?

And yes, Holmes was a better fighter than Lennox, but with less power and I get the feeling he was carrying Cooney a bit to give the fans their money's worth, given that that fight was hyped to the moon.
    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 09-01-2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Lewis wins via KO

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Oh I'm fairly certain that neither landed a left hook of note and both were fairly easily handled in their respective rematches. Cooney was essentially a one handed fighter and Lennox's weakness was the straight right.

Name a prime fighter that Cooney beat that was anywhere near Lewis' league?

And yes, Holmes was a better fighter than Lennox, but with less power and I get the feeling he was carrying Cooney a bit to give the fans their money's worth, given that that fight was hyped to the moon.
        watch this link and tell me Cooney dont have a right-hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fb0Qidm9Fg

Your comment that Holmes carried Cooney is laughable

Comment

cooney was all left,he popped his right hand out once in a while,if his handlers would of worked with him and worked on his right he would of probably had a better outcome against some of his more notable losses,that is why cooney lost most of his fights any fighter that moved to the left would win

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            watch this link and tell me Cooney dont have a right-hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fb0Qidm9Fg

Your comment that Holmes carried Cooney is laughable

Holmes definately won the vast majority of the rounds but Cooney was very competitive in most of them too.

Comment

Lewis by vicious KO in the 1st. Can't see any other result.

Lennox usually played it safe, but when he knew you didn't belong in the ring with him, he let you and the whole world know.

Guys like Botha, Golota, Grant, and Rahman the second time were guys Lewis had little respect for so he didn't waste his time with them and they were all finished within 4 rounds. This isn't David Tua or Mercer we are talking about. Those guys had monster chins.

Comment

Lennox Kayoes Gerry in three rounds, Gerry has a punchers' chance, but Lennox would be focused and prepared, so he takes this, and nearly Gerry's head, early.

Comment

Just eliminate all the no hopers and compare their records in big fights. Lewis won most of them, while Cooney lost ALL of them. Lennox outclasses Cooney similar to the way that he did Tommy Morrison.

Comment

Lennox will Golota this ****ing monstrosity

Comment

Lewis by quick ko..or blow out...no compitition

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X