No announcement yet.

Showtime Vs HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime Vs HBO

I think HBO boxing has superior commentary and production values to showtime however I think the quality of the matchups on Showtime is way better. The fights on Showtime seem more competetive. The Match makers or promoters involved with showtime are way better than the matchmakers and promoters at HBO IMO. HBO does get more of the big name guys though, like they get Vitaly Klitschko to fight for free on there. I am glad I have both stations.

Check out the on Demand section if you have digital cable.

Check out the Lacy fight on "SHO ON DEmand" plus they got the DIAZ VS Castillo fight in the "ShO ON Demand."

also check out the other show time fights that are on "ON DEmand" all of them are pretty much good entertaining fights.

I hate showtime's boxing programs. theres some good fights, but I hate everything else. in a perfect world, every fight would be on HBO, with Teddy Atlas joining the commentary team

Comment

HBO hasn't had a really good fight since Barrera/Morales III. This year has been a bunch of mismatches. Hopefully, Pacquaio-Morales can live up to the hype. Showtime's been putting up more entertaining fights recently, but don't have the biggest names in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen_Poe
        I hate showtime's boxing programs. theres some good fights, but I hate everything else. in a perfect world, every fight would be on HBO, with Teddy Atlas joining the commentary team
        Teddy Atlas is a bum. He almost ruined the Olympics for me with his "I am a boxing knowlege god" attitude. I remember when he promised Michael Grant would destroy Dominick Guinn, then boom, he was soooo wrong.

Comment

They're pretty much the same bro.! It's just a matter of who's fighting and most of the time the best and the sensational ones are on PPV anyway. Thanks for the advice I will definitely check out Sho on demand for that fight.

Comment

HBO is much better than Showtime.

Comment

HBO is the best. I really enjoy the commentary and most of the fights. They can send Larry Merchant to Showtime in my opinion though.

Comment

Look at this schedule

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fights/schedule.shtml

how can you deny the superiority of HBO.

you have James Toney in a championship fight

Morales vs Pacman

Barrera has a fight

Vargas is returning, something I have wanted to see for a long long time

Wlad is back, and we might finally find out if this guy is going to be around for a while or if he is shot.

Comment

HBO is back for sure on pac-morales

Comment

i prefer ESPn to either of showtime or hbo

Comment

Working...
                    X