Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward: I think Tommy and Ray are superior fighters than the fighters today"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
    mmmm.

Well Prime Oscar and Tito... I don't think have a chance against Ray.

Tito has a slight chance against Hearns since Hearns was a little chinny.
    I only picked those 2 because they were both big welterweights,but quite frankly I only stuffed Tito in there simply because of his size & pure power!!But on a serious note,if any of them had a good chance I'd pick Oscar to loose closer than Tito would!!SRL would box circles around Tito!!Oscar would put up more of a fight,because he was a better all around fighter than Tito!!Tito was just as chinny as Hearns,by the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      I'm proud to be a *******, Pac has represented me good. When it's all said and done, Pac will be ranked as a better ATG then those guys.

Comment

Some people rate Leonard top five all-time - I don't think Manny or Floyd will ever reach that height, it's not like both are still in their primes. I believe both are ready to get knocked off of their perches.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
          that cracked me up big time..................

Absolutely brilliant............

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
            that cracked me up big time..................

Absolutely brilliant............
            I had to find something different other than the D-Fish gif.

That one caught my eye as soon as I saw it.

Comment

I'll put it this way...

Does anyone here think Pacquiao or Mayweather would be able to do what they've done (Pacquiao 20+ wins, 1 loss, 1 draw, from 122 and Mayweather undefeated from 130), if this were any where from the 1970s to 1980s?

The David Diaz' and Carlos Baldomir's of the world wouldn't have titles mind you (there were only 2).

Would Pacquiao have gotten the lineal titles at 126, 130, and 140? It would be different depending on when in the 70s or 80s, but he would've had to beat a combination of Aaron Pryor, Alexis Arguello, Salvador Sanchez, Azumah Nelson, Wilfredo Gomez, JCC, Danny Lopez, Eusebio Pedroza, Jeff Fenech, Samuel Serrano, Ben Villaflor, Antonio Cervantes, Niccolino Loche, Wilfredo Benitez?

Would Mayweather have gotten lineal titles at 135 and 147, and be undefeated facing a combination of Roberto Duran, SRL, Hearns, Arguello, Ken Buchannan, JCC, Pernell Whitaker, Jose Napoles, Carlos Palomino, Donald Curry?

Pacquiao and Mayweather would be elite in any era, but they wouldn't be doing what they're doing if it was in those eras.

Comment

Yep, I think both Pac and Floyd could hold their own, but still lose to Sugar and Hitman.

Comment

No, the P4P rankings might be more like this:
                  1. "Sugar" Ray Leonard: Better than anyone else on this list by a long-shot; even better than Hearns.
                  2. Thomas Hearns: He would destroy Floyd and Manny, and probably win a U.D. against Cotto.
                  3. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.: He would outskill and be able to stay away from Cotto and out-box Manny, but he would be destroyed by Hearns and Leonard.
                  4. Miguel Cotto: My surprise inclusion. The fact of the matter is, Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito may not have happened because Margarito might have gunned for the higher-ranked fighters like Hearns and Leonard. And, if plaster-packed Margarito hadn't brutalized him, Cotto would be ranked here in my opinion.
                  5. Manny Pacquiao: The obvious inclusion, but his rank comes not from his fighting ability but his ability to maintain effectiveness while scaling the weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
                    No, the P4P rankings might be more like this:
                    1. "Sugar" Ray Leonard: Better than anyone else on this list by a long-shot; even better than Hearns.
                    2. Thomas Hearns: He would destroy Floyd and Manny, and probably win a U.D. against Cotto.
                    3. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.: He would outskill and be able to stay away from Cotto and out-box Manny, but he would be destroyed by Hearns and Leonard.
                    4. Miguel Cotto: My surprise inclusion. The fact of the matter is, Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito may not have happened because Margarito might have gunned for the higher-ranked fighters like Hearns and Leonard. And, if plaster-packed Margarito hadn't brutalized him, Cotto would be ranked here in my opinion.
                    5. Manny Pacquiao: The obvious inclusion, but his rank comes not from his fighting ability but his ability to maintain effectiveness while scaling the weight classes.
                    Miguel Cotto... Really...

Your gonna place the guy that got his ass beat above the fighter that beat his ass?

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      I'll put it this way...

Does anyone here think Pacquiao or Mayweather would be able to do what they've done (Pacquiao 20+ wins, 1 loss, 1 draw, from 122 and Mayweather undefeated from 130), if this were any where from the 1970s to 1980s?

The David Diaz' and Carlos Baldomir's of the world wouldn't have titles mind you (there were only 2).

Would Pacquiao have gotten the lineal titles at 126, 130, and 140? It would be different depending on when in the 70s or 80s, but he would've had to beat a combination of Aaron Pryor, Alexis Arguello, Salvador Sanchez, Azumah Nelson, Wilfredo Gomez, JCC, Danny Lopez, Eusebio Pedroza, Jeff Fenech, Samuel Serrano, Ben Villaflor, Antonio Cervantes, Niccolino Loche, Wilfredo Benitez?

Would Mayweather have gotten lineal titles at 135 and 147, and be undefeated facing a combination of Roberto Duran, SRL, Hearns, Arguello, Ken Buchannan, JCC, Pernell Whitaker, Jose Napoles, Carlos Palomino, Donald Curry?

Pacquiao and Mayweather would be elite in any era, but they wouldn't be doing what they're doing if it was in those eras.
                      Like you said, they would have been elite, I honestly feel both Floyd and Manny would be able to beat some of those guys, but they wouldn't go through them undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X