Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinoy Prospects not Mercito Gesta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to Pinoy Pride XII replay. Bautista fight isn't available yet but the Servania fight is.

Bautista, Domingo and Pagara fought mismatch opponents. Servania seemed to regress in this fight, showed less head movement, stopped throwing the jab to the body. WTF happened? Seemed to be practicing more punching combinations; left hook right upper cuts.

http://www.pinaswinnawin.com/2012/03...-sa-bohol.html
    Last edited by AdamantiumPI; 03-04-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• GENESIS “AZUKAL” SERVANIA AND “THE REAL” GENARO GARCIA TO FIGHT IN PINOY PRIDE
      http://philboxing.com/news/story-69271.html

Genaro is past prime. But good matchup for Servania who is still a young prospect. Unless Servania get ko'd I expect a decision win from Servania, my fave Pinoy prospect.

Comment

• Mercito looks looked pretty good in the later rounds of his last fight. He has improved.

In my opinion he would have beat Rios that night. Btw, they both actually weighed in at 137 the night before.

Comment

• Originally posted by -FLIP- View Post
          Mercito looks looked pretty good in the later rounds of his last fight. He has improved.

In my opinion he would have beat Rios that night. Btw, they both actually weighed in at 137 the night before.

No one at this moment has potential to be the next Manny or even Donaire. Melindo is skilled but is a flyweight.
          Biggest upside: Albert Pagara
          Safe pick: Milan Melindo

Comment

• Going to watch Mercito fight in San Francisco next weekend. Decent little card with Bay Area fighters on it. Jonathan Chicas also on card. Think it will be on FoxSports1

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
              No one at this moment has potential to be the next Manny or even Donaire. Melindo is skilled but is a flyweight.
              Biggest upside: Albert Pagara
              Safe pick: Milan Melindo

Milan challenged and lost for a world title, I don't think he's considered a prospect anymore.

Fresh prospect that looks decent is Magsayo. Speed and power but is just beginning so don't bet too much on it. Dodie Boy Penalosa Jr is being brought up quite nicely as well. Albert Pagara looks good as well but I doubt we will see another Manny or even a Nonito from the Philippines in a while. Those are gifted fighters that aren't produced every few years.

Now that ALA has it's license in the US, expect to see a lot more pinoys in boxing events. Perhaps now they can get proper strength and conditioning training since ALA boxers tend to run on fumes during the deeper rounds and at times it costs them. Pinoy boxers have a ton of heart and determination so I'm sure the Philippines will continue to churn out great prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                Milan challenged and lost for a world title, I don't think he's considered a prospect anymore.

Fresh prospect that looks decent is Magsayo. Speed and power but is just beginning so don't bet too much on it. Dodie Boy Penalosa Jr is being brought up quite nicely as well. Albert Pagara looks good as well but I doubt we will see another Manny or even a Nonito from the Philippines in a while. Those are gifted fighters that aren't produced every few years.

Now that ALA has it's license in the US, expect to see a lot more pinoys in boxing events. Perhaps now they can get proper strength and conditioning training since ALA boxers tend to run on fumes during the deeper rounds and at times it costs them. Pinoy boxers have a ton of heart and determination so I'm sure the Philippines will continue to churn out great prospects.
                Magsayo is still around 18, won't be years until we see anything out of him. Good potential. Dodie Boy Penalosa doesn't have a good chin and lacks defense. Dave Penalosa will probably be the better prospect but has a ways to go. How would you rank the prospects?

My list is: 10. Mark Anthony Geraldo 9. Albert Pagara 8. Jun Doliguez 7. Mercito Gesta 6. Marlon Tapales 5. Roli Gasca 4. Jason Pagara 3. Arthur Villanueva 2. Genesis Servania 1. Milan Melindo

Comment

Magsayo is still around 18, won't be years until we see anything out of him. Good potential. Dodie Boy Penalosa doesn't have a good chin and lacks defense. Dave Penalosa will probably be the better prospect but has a ways to go. How would you rank the prospects?

My list is: 10. Mark Anthony Geraldo 9. Albert Pagara 8. Jun Doliguez 7. Mercito Gesta 6. Marlon Tapales 5. Roli Gasca 4. Jason Pagara 3. Arthur Villanueva 2. Genesis Servania 1. Milan Melindo
                  10. Marvin Sonsona - Kid is strong as fck. I just wish his stamina would be up to par. He also needs to stop those clinches but I like him. Glad to see him getting his life back on track and ranking up the ladder at FW.

9.Merlito Sabillo - I know he was world champion already but he only held the strap for so little time. This guy is good and although he lost to Chihuas in a bad ass fight, he showed tons of heart and fought back. Always dangerous.

8.Jason Pagara - Don't think he will be champion any time soon but he has a nice left hook and I like watching his fights, exciting.

7.Froilan Saludar - I know he lost to Arroyo but he has nice movement and decent pop. I'm sure he will bounce back and become a contender in a deep division.

6.Arthur Villanueva - King Arthur is a menace and seeing as how 115 isn't too deep I see him thriving there. I love his style, so poised and explodes with his left hand or straight right and works the body well too.

5.Dodie Boy Penalosa - IDK why but I like his style. Exciting, fast and powerful but like you said.. his chin is suspect. He has been KD before and i'm sure it will happen again.

4.Genesis Servania - Making a name for himself already by KO'ing a former champion in his last fight, another threatening fighter at 122.

3.Albert Pagara - Head and shoulders better than his brother. Prince Albert looks good but let's see how he looks against stiffer competition.

2.Mark Magsayo - Most potential in my eyes. Perhaps i'm blinded by his flashy style and weak opposition but I'm rooting for him all the way. Hope he doesn't turn out another Boom Boom or AJ Banal… sayang.

1.Milan Melindo - Dude this guy has no pop but can he freaking box. LMAO he is like the Pinoy Timmothy Bradley, I swear they remind me of each other so much in terms of style and skill. Hell, even their record. I hope Milan becomes a champ some day, really cool and down to earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    10. Marvin Sonsona - Kid is strong as fck. I just wish his stamina would be up to par. He also needs to stop those clinches but I like him. Glad to see him getting his life back on track and ranking up the ladder at FW.

9.Merlito Sabillo - I know he was world champion already but he only held the strap for so little time. This guy is good and although he lost to Chihuas in a bad ass fight, he showed tons of heart and fought back. Always dangerous.

8.Jason Pagara - Don't think he will be champion any time soon but he has a nice left hook and I like watching his fights, exciting.

7.Froilan Saludar - I know he lost to Arroyo but he has nice movement and decent pop. I'm sure he will bounce back and become a contender in a deep division.

6.Arthur Villanueva - King Arthur is a menace and seeing as how 115 isn't too deep I see him thriving there. I love his style, so poised and explodes with his left hand or straight right and works the body well too.

5.Dodie Boy Penalosa - IDK why but I like his style. Exciting, fast and powerful but like you said.. his chin is suspect. He has been KD before and i'm sure it will happen again.

4.Genesis Servania - Making a name for himself already by KO'ing a former champion in his last fight, another threatening fighter at 122.

3.Albert Pagara - Head and shoulders better than his brother. Prince Albert looks good but let's see how he looks against stiffer competition.

2.Mark Magsayo - Most potential in my eyes. Perhaps i'm blinded by his flashy style and weak opposition but I'm rooting for him all the way. Hope he doesn't turn out another Boom Boom or AJ Banal… sayang.

1.Milan Melindo - Dude this guy has no pop but can he freaking box. LMAO he is like the Pinoy Timmothy Bradley, I swear they remind me of each other so much in terms of style and skill. Hell, even their record. I hope Milan becomes a champ some day, really cool and down to earth.
                    Good list. Magsayo is a good prospect but too young to consider yet and has done nothing; great athleticism though. Albert has better upside than Jason, just hasn't done anything yet. Dodie Penalosa doesn't fight smart ...yet anyway, I just think Dave will be better. Froilan Saludar; I still need to see how he bounces back. Sonsona and Sabillo are former champs so I don"t consider them prospects. Sonsona needs to work on stamina, defense and needs to work on mental lapses.

Comment

Good list. Magsayo is a good prospect but too young to consider yet and has done nothing; great athleticism though. Albert has better upside than Jason, just hasn't done anything yet. Dodie Penalosa doesn't fight smart ...yet anyway, I just think Dave will be better. Froilan Saludar; I still need to see how he bounces back. Sonsona and Sabillo are former champs so I don"t consider them prospects. Sonsona needs to work on stamina, defense and needs to work on mental lapses.
                      Sonsona was off for years, wasn't he? Hope he works on his stamina as well. You are right about Jason and Albert, The Prince needs to step up soon. Dodie is exciting but he has been dropped like 2 or 3 times by journeymen… i could only imagine how he would do against world class opponents. Fun to watch regardless lol. I named Sabillo because I'm a bit biased. He looked phenomenal and unstoppable for a while but lost his belt too soon. Chihuas caught him cold in the first round with that KD, i'm sure it would have gone differently if he was caught so early. I named Magsayo because I'm just high on him right now lol.

Anyway Filipino boxing is a treat to watch. So much heart and dedication and now that the biggest promoter in Las Pinas has a US license, I'm sure all the fighters will step up. Just look at Donnie Nietes in his last fight. He didn't look so gassed as he had before, all thanks to half a camp in the states with the proper training equipment and good sparring partners. Imagine how the rest of the crew will do once they work out their minor problems efficiently in American Soil.

Pinoy Pride in Dubai is coming too! Servania and Villanueva will put on a good show for all of the OFW's there and natives alike. Boom Boom is on the undercard too but his time is long overdue, wish he had proper training and a better chin, he was extremely pleasing to watch at one point.

Comment

Working...
                      X