Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebron on an unbelievable tear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will be a top 7-8 player of all time if he wins his 4th MVP, and 2nd Finals MVP this season. It sucks that he wasted his prime in Cleveland. No NBA Teams are capable of winning an NBA title with Mo Williams, and a one hit wonder Larry Hughes as your 2nd best player.

Magic Johnson - 3x MVP, 3x Finals MVP, 5 NBA titles with a loaded team.
    Larry Bird - 3x MVP, 2x Finals MVP, and 3 NBA titles with a loaded team.

And some of the best defensive teams in the NBA this season are playing in the Eastern Conference.

9 of the top 15 best defensive teams are in the Beastern Conference.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...t/defensiveEff

The Pacers are the no.1 defensive team in the league right now.

Miami are also 19-5 againts the West.
    Last edited by BlackSnakeMamba; 02-12-2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      yeah but we're talking about the 80's. Jordan had nobody to guard on defense and there weren't any skilled defensive players to guard Jordan.

Lebron has to shut down skill players on defense then go the other way and score against great modern day defenders.

I know you're gonna bring up hand checking but that didn't matter cuz in the 80's you weren't allowed to clog the lane. That was considered illegal defense. Players had to play man-to-man and couldn't even hang off the guy they were guarding.

It was a lot easier to play in the 80's...no disrespect to Jordan.

BUT having said that, 10 triple doubles in 11 games is still very impressive obviously.
      LOL are you freaking serious? what do you think of the 3-sec defensive rule that applies today? it is still the same illegal defense call but wit different name

can you point out teams today that play full zone defense the whole game?

Comment

yeah but we're talking about the 80's. Jordan had nobody to guard on defense and there weren't any skilled defensive players to guard Jordan.
        Lebron has to shut down skill players on defense then go the other way and score against great modern day defenders.

I know you're gonna bring up hand checking but that didn't matter cuz in the 80's you weren't allowed to clog the lane. That was considered illegal defense. Players had to play man-to-man and couldn't even hang off the guy they were guarding.

BUT having said that, 10 triple doubles in 11 games is still very impressive obviously.
        Stopped reading right then and there. Jordan would average 40 points in today's game. How old are you?

Comment

Have you actually seen the NBA back in the 80s when the bad boy Pistons were fucking Jordan up the ass? Those defenses would make Kobe, LeBron, and Durant shit AND piss their pants.

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Stopped reading right then and there. Jordan would average 40 points in today's game. How old are you?
          Jordan almost did that......in the 86-87 season when he averaged 37.1 ppg.

Comment

Best ever... ever...

Comment

I can name a dozen players better than Lebron James.

Tim Duncan for starters. His gonna win his 5th ring before Lebron can get a 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                This is one of the worst posts that I've ever seen. Do you know anything about the 80's Lakers, Celtics, or Pistons. Those teams were stacked with multiple HOF and tons of skilled players. Today's league is watered down. Players are more athletic now, but players were way more skilled back then. I suggest you go back and watch films with players like Magic, Jabar, Worthy, Cooper ( he couldn't defend lol), Bird, Mchale, Parrish, Johnson, Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, Rodman, Johnson, etc. Just look at how bad the current ECF is.
                I'm 32 years old(4 years older than you) so I've lived through the Jordan era. Not only did I watch those games back then but I still watch a lot of classic games now. In the past 5-6 years I've probably seen at least 100 classic games. And not just highlights, like the actual games from start to finish.

So I'm well aware of everything from that era.

the only player that still impresses me from the 80's is Jordan. Honestly haven't been impressed with any other player. Can't imagine a lot of the legends from those days would even be all-stars today.
                Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                Hey Swizzy, can you give me two current players who are better defenders than Scottie Pippen and Gary Payton in their primes?
                Well naming Scottie Pippen goes against your point cuz he played WITH Jordan and would actually guard the best player on the other team so that Jordan wouldn't have to.

Yes Gary Payton was a great defender. I would put Tony Allen at the same level as him. Gary Payton is the ONLY player that ever gave Jordan trouble on defense. Even though Payton was a great defender, he was also a skinny 6'4 PG so Jordan should have been able to handle him easy but he couldn't. Always had trouble scoring when he went up against the glove.

That's like Lebron having trouble scoring against a 6'6 200 lbs SG. That would never happen.

Comment

at this rate, he will be shooting 71.2% when he reach kobe's age..

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                    I can name a dozen players better than Lebron James.

Tim Duncan for starters. His gonna win his 5th ring before Lebron can get a 2nd.
                    Tim Duncan is injured. Tony Parker is the Spurs best player this season, and in the 2007 NBA Finals.

Comment

Like many other folks, I always said that Lebron needed to leave Cleveland for his own good. He left, and he's exploding the heck out of his talents.

Good for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X