Jean Pascal and his stamina issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Pascal and his stamina issues

When a 46 year old does this to psyche you out you know you got problems

Dude fights for around 4-5 rounds then his exhausted. Why do people here think this is? Is he cutting corners in camp etc etc ?

He looks like he's got Jermain Taylor disease: too many fast twitch muscle fibres. Plus he's way too bulky for his frame. I doubt there's much he could do to improve that.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
      He looks like he's got Jermain Taylor disease: too many fast twitch muscle fibres.
      What does that mean in terms of stamina?
      Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
      Plus he's way too bulky for his frame. I doubt there's much he could do to improve that.
      True. I also remember him fading against Froch. Back then people thought it was due to the struggle of him making weight, but now I'm not so sure
      Last edited by Toney616; 05-28-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

he loads up on everything that can't help putting so much energy in throwing those bombs he also moves way out of punching range and then has to move so far forward to get close to attack he burns his legs out maybe

Comment

Pascal isn't a puncher, but he tries to be by putting everything into his flurries. And he's got too much footwork for a guy who's not a skilled boxer. Too much wasted motion and forced power shots drains his energy. He'll get KO'd if he ever fights a durable puncher.

Comment

He should go back to amateur boxing, so he could fight 4 rounds.

Comment

There must be some sort of problem because after the first fight against Hopkins i can imagine them working very hard on his stamina in the second fight but he gassed out again....

Comment

Mosy likely too bulky uptop and not enough leg strength, should buildup his lrgs insteadof his uoper body perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post

When a 46 year old does this to psyche you out you know you got problems

Dude fights for around 4-5 rounds then his exhausted. Why do people here think this is? Is he cutting corners in camp etc etc ?
                  With Hopkins, tis pushup thing could be that he wanted to get debris on his gloves. I've never seen or heard of him ever before doing pushups during a fight. This huge display of extra energy seems very unusual to me, since by mid fight or before, for years now, he has been tired and only fought in spurts, faking low blows to get a breather and etc........

Comment

Its because even though he doesnt punch that hard he puts EVERYTHING into almost every punch. Especially when he flurries. Hopkins told him the truth he needs to learn how to be patient and set up punches. hed be a much better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X