No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Joan Guzman Training For Mosquera Title Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Joan Guzman Training For Mosquera Title Bout

Dominican star Joan Guzman 33-1-1 (20 KO's) continues training for his upcoming bout against experienced Panamanian Vicente "Loco" Mosquera 32-2-1 (17 KO's), which is going to take place in June for the interim-WBA junior welterweight title. This fight was recently postponed. Promoter Henry Rivalta reports from Acquinity Sports in Florida that they are looking for a place to make this fight on a June date.

"Mosquera is rated at #6 and Guzman #5 in the WBA rankings. Mosquera has 8 win in a row since 2006 when he was defeated by Valero. This will be a very tough fight for both, and Guzman has trained for two months with the intention of returning with a win on the world boxing scene," Rivalta said. [Click Here To Read More]

Its almost weird to see him in great shape now. I love his style of fighting, if only he took his conditioning this serious earlier he would have been soo much more. Lets just hope he keeps this up, he can still be great.

Comment

WAR GUZMAN. Glad to hear he's doing well. They have a good team at Acquinity.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
        I really hope Acquinity will do well. The kid I want to see more of is Claudio 'The Matrix' Merrero. This kid has the goods in my opinion but he needs a lot more exposure. He has the ability to go to the top.

As far as Guzman I really don't know what to say at this point for everything that could have been said has already been said. So, all I can say is good luck to him.

Comment

Last call for Guzman. I really like his style. Great technician, solid boxing and I hope he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
            LOL, Aquinity is an absolute joke. Not sure what good team you're talking about? If it's the same team from the khabib-Guzman fight..... You're gonna damn near have to kill Guzman in the ring to win, and even then, you might lose a split decision.

I don't foresee any relevant fighters ever fighting on an Aquinity sports card again IMO, not any time soon

Only time I've ever saw them, it was one of the most pathetic professional boxing events ever put together. I honestly couldn't believe it.
            Last edited by King_; 05-22-2013, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Looks like mickey ward on the pads

Comment

It IS ward on the pads

Comment

I thought and hoped after his last fight he would become irrelevant but here he is getting a title shot... smh

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                    I really hope Acquinity will do well. The kid I want to see more of is Claudio 'The Matrix' Merrero. This kid has the goods in my opinion but he needs a lot more exposure. He has the ability to go to the top.

As far as Guzman I really don't know what to say at this point for everything that could have been said has already been said. So, all I can say is good luck to him.
                    I hear you, man. I haven't seen any of his fights but that's one of their champs over there right? I'll have to check out his work, thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    LOL, Aquinity is an absolute joke. Not sure what good team you're talking about? If it's the same team from the khabib-Guzman fight..... You're gonna damn near have to kill Guzman in the ring to win, and even then, you might lose a split decision.

I don't foresee any relevant fighters ever fighting on an Aquinity sports card again IMO, not any time soon

Only time I've ever saw them, it was one of the most pathetic professional boxing events ever put together. I honestly couldn't believe it.
                    Okay.

Comment

Working...
                    X