Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Berto castigated for cherry picking Guerrero like Canelo was for Lopez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
    What defense did Guerrero show against Aydin? If Aydin threw any combos at all he stops Guerrero. That said he was still able to land his right hand often enough. Aydin was/is a one punch fighter and he still punched Guerrero whenever he wanted to.
    I disagree with both bolded statements.

Anyway, Berto has a puncher's chance IMO. His offense becomes predictable after a while and he slows down in the later rounds. That plays right into the hands of someone who likes to fight off his back foot.

Comment

Cause Canelo enticed Lopez to fight with payday and who know what other methods or promise behind close doors.

Guerrero moved up on his own will, no one offered him anything or promised him anything up their.

So if Guerro wants to fight at 147 thats fine cause he chose to, and plus berto is not even that good so people look at it as a 50/50 fight. That speaks volume in its self.

Comment

Some guys on here just don't like Canelo. He did not pick Lopez, his promoter did. He was set to fight Kirkland, then Williams, then Ortiz so they tried to get him a good fight. Lopez scored a surprise KO over Ortiz so he got the fight as a last minute substitute. What's the big deal? Berto has to fight Guerrero if he wants the tittle and to be in line to fight Floyd should he chose to come back and defend his tittle. Guerrero beat a good welterweight so he is the champ whether or not 147 is his best weight. Berto should not be accused of cherrypicking, he should be praised for taking a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Canelo was flamed for fighting a 140 pounder, but at least Lopez had a win against Ortiz, who's just as big as Canelo and was actually considered an elite fighter. Now Berto is fighting a lighweight with a single 147 win against Aydin, who was a tiny welter and was basically a nobody.

I don't get why people consider this anymore legitimate than Canelo fighting Lopez.

I know some people are high on Guerrero, which is fine, but the fact is there still remains a huge natural weight difference.
          Thats a bad comparison. Berto/Guerrero is basically a 50/50 or 60/40 fight as oppose to the 90/10 Canelo fight.

Comment

Honestly nobody really gives a damn about Berto, even before Ortiz beat him.It was just a matter of time when the loss was coming.Not to mention he doesn't have that extra hype* like Canelo does with his fans on here.To top it off i think the majority of the ppl and me want Guerrero to win.How abt that, Berto getting beat by a guy who skipped 2 divisions.

And what im affraid of os winner getting Mayweather...pointless to say imo.
            Last edited by AP♠; 11-16-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Probably because Berto isn't that good.
              And the winner is...

Comment

Working...
              X