Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Floyd only got bronze at the Olympics...That means he lost a fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Gong.. Your obsession with Floyd and his blind supporters is getting a little scary. I say this to you because you seem like an otherwise decent poster. But lately I'd swear you're getting paid part time for this stuff, chap.

i like his avatar, and that's generally how i judge posters. there's no possible explanation for that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Gong.. Your obsession with Floyd and his blind supporters is getting a little scary. I say this to you because you seem like an otherwise decent poster. But lately I'd swear you're getting paid part time for this stuff, chap.
      There is no decency in that bigot. THAT I can guarantee you.

Comment

lol @ he got a gift against the cuban, thats bull****, i was watching that olympics and the whole show was garbage. Vargas was robbed, Tarver should have gotten his nod, i just felt our guys did enough to win. that was the last olympics i felt we had a team of excelled amatuers.

overall mayweathers loss was a travesty, you guys can youtube that and see for yourself, lmao @ "the cuban" most of you idiots are just parroting what someone else just said, he won that fight, its been nearly two decades since ive seen it but i remember floyd using movement and his speed and he had no answer for ANYTHING he was doing.

smh.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
          lol @ he got a gift against the cuban, thats bull****, i was watching that olympics and the whole show was garbage. Vargas was robbed, Tarver should have gotten his nod, i just felt our guys did enough to win. that was the last olympics i felt we had a team of excelled amatuers.

overall mayweathers loss was a travesty, you guys can youtube that and see for yourself, lmao @ "the cuban" most of you idiots are just parroting what someone else just said, he won that fight, its been nearly two decades since ive seen it but i remember floyd using movement and his speed and he had no answer for ANYTHING he was doing.

smh.

in '96 i was in the third grade

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            He shouldve never been in that to begin with. He was awarded a gift vs the Cuban. So yea... Karma.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            the only gift in that fight was how close the scores were. 5-4 for the cuban after the first round...lol?

the amount of hate floyd gets on these boxing forums has turned me into a fan over the last couple years. i used to want to see him get knocked out but now i hope he retires undefeated so all of you hardcore pacquiao fans and other haters can go home mad.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
              the only gift in that fight was how close the scores were. 5-4 for the cuban after the first round...lol?

the amount of hate floyd gets on these boxing forums has turned me into a fan over the last couple years. i used to want to see him get knocked out but now i hope he retires undefeated so all of you hardcore pacquiao fans and other haters can go home mad.

not to mention they've clearly got a vendetta against body punching in that scoring system.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                not to mention they've clearly got a vendetta against body punching in that scoring system.
                i always hated that about the olympic scoring. i love fighters who rip the body. even in the pros i think there's a lot of judges who dont always acknowledge the body work

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post

smh.
                  Ahh the sweet clear wind blowing into thine ears....what is thy whisper? could it be the voice of reason?

I also remember that olympics just as this poster did....we had a great team and the olympic judges had gaft to be paid out. The Cubans always fielded great teams, my favorite fighter next to Whitaker is T Stephenson but...like America itself, when we get a great team we get guys that can improvise and suprise in the ring and that year we had a hellllla a crop!

Comment

Originally posted by New England
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

He shouldve never been in that to begin with. He was awarded a gift vs the Cuban. So yea... Karma.

absolute BS

virtually every clean punch was landed by mayweather. even with the silly olympic system that's an easy fight to score.
                    You should rewatch the fight and count all the punches that were not counted for the Cuban. Then there's also the "slip".

Comment

Body punches are just much harder to see landed clearly, and back then the system was the 5 judges where 3 had to press their button within one 1 second of each other. even if they are positioned at equal distance round the ring there is a lot of obstruction is seeing a body shot land and no clear reaction unless a guy doubles over in pain.

It works the same in the pros really, if you are counting on judges scoring your body work to win you a fight you are going way out on a limb and you better be straight punishing the dude bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X