No announcement yet.

Advice for my Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for my Fight?

I have a fight on the 25th of this month and I was wondering if you guys could give me tips to improve my head movement and how I should move my head, and tips on where to throw counter punches Like if I slip the jab where is the ideal place to hit my opponent? A straight right to the body, or should I hook? Also what can I do so my nose doesn't bleed easily? Thanks for the help in advance.

if your nose bleeds easy, it bleeds easy... nothing you can do but either get it carterized (i think thats what they do... and i know i'm spelling it wrong) or just learn to live with it... I think over time, scar tissue builds up or something happens and it bleeds less...

Or you can employee my strategy of just trying never to be hit in the nose.... OMG i hate that so much. Its second only to being kicked in the nuts..

What type of fight is this? For points, Toughman, out back by the flagpole or MMA?

Comment

believe in your self.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
        if your nose bleeds easy, it bleeds easy... nothing you can do but either get it carterized (i think thats what they do... and i know i'm spelling it wrong) or just learn to live with it... I think over time, scar tissue builds up or something happens and it bleeds less...

Or you can employee my strategy of just trying never to be hit in the nose.... OMG i hate that so much. Its second only to being kicked in the nuts..

What type of fight is this? For points, Toughman, out back by the flagpole or MMA?
        a boxing match. haha

Comment

the secret to boxing is to JAB...

by Lazerjab

lol

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
            I have a fight on the 25th of this month and I was wondering if you guys could give me tips to improve my head movement and how I should move my head, and tips on where to throw counter punches Like if I slip the jab where is the ideal place to hit my opponent? A straight right to the body, or should I hook? Also what can I do so my nose doesn't bleed easily? Thanks for the help in advance.
            I'm no expert so you should getting a real trainer's advice. But as far as head movement, I think you should slip punches outside of the punch.

So if you're orthodox fighting an orthodox fighter. The way to slip the jab is to slip to your right/ his left. You can then throw a straight right to the head, right uppercut or right hook to the body.

The way to slip a right is to slip to your left, his right; outside of his punch.
            After that you can throw a left hook to the head or body. You can also throw a left upper cut.

When ducking under a left hook weave to your right/ his left so you end up outside of his hook. then you can throw a right straight or right hook to the body or face.

Get a good trainer to practice drills with you.

Comment

Working...
            X