No announcement yet.

what's it like for you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's it like for you?

so many people have dysfunctional families, i am wondering if the Thanksgiving dinners (as are often portrayed on television) with the whole extended family togetherness-thing really exists???

what are your thanksgivings usually like? is it a big deal or is it just eating a turkey meal with whoever is around???

We dotn have thanksgiving. But at christmas we have a turkey with me my mum and dad, and last year when my brother was here with him also. It sounds a bit weird the wya you said it "with whoever is around" So what theres just you and a turkey and maybe a few people offer to join you somberly

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
      so many people have dysfunctional families, i am wondering if the Thanksgiving dinners (as are often portrayed on television) with the whole extended family togetherness-thing really exists???

what are your thanksgivings usually like? is it a big deal or is it just eating a turkey meal with whoever is around???
      I really dunno, I dont really keep in touch with my uncles and aunts, but I see my cousins very often.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
        We dotn have thanksgiving. But at christmas we have a turkey with me my mum and dad, and last year when my brother was here with him also. It sounds a bit weird the wya you said it "with whoever is around" So what theres just you and a turkey and maybe a few people offer to join you somberly
        lol! what i meant is it a huge family gathering (with friedns, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc.) or usually just your immediate family (who you live with).

Comment

lol! what i meant is it a huge family gathering (with friedns, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc.) or usually just your immediate family (who you live with).
          For me its usually me and my parents........................

Comment

we get pissed and have punch ups usually

Comment

Oh right well on christmas day, just immediate family. On boxing day which is the day after which I dont think you have. Then we all meet up all the family on my mums side

Comment

We had all the family meet for x-mas at an aunts house when i was a kid but other then that no [edit; all 10 or so of us that live out here]. Most of my fam lives in Cali so it's kinda hard .

Comment

don't have that thanksgiving thingy over here, but at christmas I lock myself indoors all day and bask in the glory of all the films they repeat on tv! At night I get pissed and streak through the neighbhours gardens and wake up on my doorstep the next day.

Comment

Christmas day dinner would be immediate family, and in the evening a whole bunch of family would come over with lots of kids.
                    Wen i was young it was great, the house was packed.

Now its very quiet, and quite dull.
                    But wen it was good, it was very good. Although i am too young to remember the 70's xmas parties, but the photos make things look amazing.

Wen it was bad there would be tears and arguments. That was the 90's.
                    We are/were as dysfunctional as many families.
                    Now we hope no one visits. Not really a good reflection on things is it.

Comment

Working...
                    X