Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Lopez wanting to outdue Gamboa is whats hurting him right now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Lopez wanting to outdue Gamboa is whats hurting him right now...

Lopez & Gamboa know this is the fight the whole boxing world wants to see and since they can't fight I feel like their's a little competition going on to see who can outdue the other and look better.

Before Gamboa came along Lopez was a motha****in unstoppable monster and then once Gamboa started making it big we started seeing Lopez with more and more problems. For example his last fight since Gamboa decision'd him I think he came in wanting the KO so bad to outdue him that it cost him in the end.

You gotta do what you gotta do to win first and the KO will come. Thats why Gamboa is looking so damn good right now. I think Lopez needs to go back to that.

JuanMa to me just looked particularly lethargic and kind of soft compared to how he usually does in fights, IDK if he had an off night or was distracted or took Salido lightly but I have seen a much better JuanMa than that in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
      Lopez & Gamboa know this is the fight the whole boxing world wants to see and since they can't fight I feel like their's a little competition going on to see who can outdue the other and look better.

Before Gamboa came along Lopez was a motha****in unstoppable monster and then once Gamboa started making it big we started seeing Lopez with more and more problems. For example his last fight since Gamboa decision'd him I think he came in wanting the KO so bad to outdue him that it cost him in the end.

You gotta do what you gotta do to win first and the KO will come. Thats why Gamboa is looking so damn good right now. I think Lopez needs to go back to that.
      I just think that's just Juanma's style. 90% knockout. Trade punches and landing much harder than opponents. Ppl are looking at his weakness and adapting to him. Even when he wasn't sluggish like for this fight, he was quite hittable.

Comment

I saw an interview after his fight with Salido, where Gamboa said something that made me smile (to paraphrase): "People want to see me get the knockout every time, but it's not always possible. I won't risk losing just to get a knockout." I thought that statement said a lot about Yuri as a fighter, and even as a human being. Many people only see the whirlwind he is in the ring, and they often criticize Gamboa's perceived lack of defense, but there's some thoughtful discipline at work there.

JuanMa has knocked almost all of his opponents out. If that's your plan with everyone you face, sooner or later you're going to run into someone who can take it and give it right back. It's not a good long-term strategy.

Comment

Gamboa vs Lopez still has exciting written all over it IMO. 2 of my favorite fighters! We knew Lopez had these vulnerabilities going in to the Salido fight. I dont know why many seemed shocked. Salido timed him perfectly and kept his chin well tucked. Now, we don't know whats going to happen when Lopez lands on Gamboa. He too is vulnerable of getting hit. Just not as easy as Juanma. As far as I know, Gamboa doesnt have Salido's style of fight so this is still an interesting/exciting matchup IMO.

Comment

I'm quick to think that only the gamboa fans want to see this because they just want to see the knockout

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
              I'm quick to think that only the gamboa fans want to see this because they just want to see the knockout
              I want to see Yuri beat everyone in his division, especially the top guys; if the win comes by way of knockout, even better. But I think the Lopez fans want this fight, too. They want to see JuanMa have a shot at his biggest rival. What good does avoiding Gamboa do? The zero is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I want to see Yuri beat everyone in his division, especially the top guys; if the win comes by way of knockout, even better. But I think the Lopez fans want this fight, too. They want to see JuanMa have a shot at his biggest rival. What good does avoiding Gamboa do? The zero is gone.

Agree. He already ducked Cabs IMO, I dont want him to become a known ducker because I really think he can bang with many of the elite fighters. Juanma better get hungry again and stop pricing himself everytime he gets interviewed.

Comment

Working...
                X