No announcement yet.

Welterweight vs Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welterweight vs Heavyweight

is there any great welterweights or below that could beat or even knockout any good HWs. Apparently whitaker used to spar with them, im pretty sure he could outbox a david tua or butterbean, might be taking the piss now but what about joe frazier, what do ppl think?

actually i take that back on tua n frazier, there body punches would rip sweet peas arms off, i can see bean quitting tho from embarasment

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
      is there any great welterweights or below that could beat or even knockout any good HWs. Apparently whitaker used to spar with them, im pretty sure he could outbox a david tua or butterbean, might be taking the piss now but what about joe frazier, what do ppl think?
      Are you honestly saying that Whitaker, or ANY welterweight, would have a chance against Joe Frazier? Don't be an idiot. There are only about seven or eight heavyweights who I'd give a real chance to against Frazier.

Anyways, there is one answer to your question, and his name is Sam Langford.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Are you honestly saying that Whitaker, or ANY welterweight, would have a chance against Joe Frazier? Don't be an idiot. There are only about seven or eight heavyweights who I'd give a real chance to against Frazier.

Anyways, there is one answer to your question, and his name is Sam Langford.
        thought it was a bit dumb but i rekon all the great defencive fighters would do well, but they would really have to work hard being chased around the ring for 12 rounds. Someone like holyfield generally threw hooks and wasnt particulary fast, when i try to picture it i can see them outboxing him, toney was literally a fat middleweight. Im probably wrong here but although theres advantages to being heavier, theres also advantages for being smaller

Comment

Willie Meehan beat Jack Dempsey in several fights. He basically was feather/lightweight who moved up by becoming obese.

Comment

The sheer physical strength difference means it would be very, very difficult.

Hearns, Robinson and Leonard would be your best bets. Tall, rangy boxers with great power.

No man that isnt a heavyweight is going to keep Frazier off. Tua could and would turn the fight around with one punch.

Even Butterbean would be a big ask.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              Even Butterbean would be a big ask.
              Have to draw the line here. I'd pick any all time great flyweight over Butterball.

Comment

I believe micky walker the 5'7 welter champ fought some quality hws

Comment

Working...
                X