No announcement yet.

cross over or not ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross over or not ?

Sorry to bring this up again but just noticed this thing which probably demonstrates what im talking about i know this sounds a bit stuipid but if you look at the little smiley face each glove does not cross over each other also here is a clip from an instructional video which sort of talks about the same thing but is hard to tell from the video and if you look near the end of the floyd mayweather clip on the heavy bag you will see what i mean however at the start of the clip they cross over when he is on the mitts.So which is the correct way,Is one way more suitable to the mits and the other the heavybag,What would be most appropriate for a real opponent?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2qqtwf...ht-hand-2.html
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KQICD3DZbRI

People's heads change direction when you're fighting them so learn to throw punches to all angles. What do you mean by mitts? Padwork? As long as the pads are not too wide apart it is OK. On the heavybag aim for the same spot to improve your timing of combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
      People's heads change direction when you're fighting them so learn to throw punches to all angles. What do you mean by mitts? Padwork? As long as the pads are not too wide apart it is OK. On the heavybag aim for the same spot to improve your timing of combinations.
      I agree with Julio. Don't get too caught up with it though. Try to apply it to a person, not a bag or the pads. If you are able to do a very straight 1,2 and you can get the person on the chin, temple etc. you'd want the right to follow quickly and hit at the same place as the left did, but if the person is moving around you'll be punching at all different angles, and you'll only learn these well from sparring.

Comment

when i hit the pads the trainer has me throw jab to his left arm and right to his right so they cross over..

Comment

Originally posted by GreyAlien View Post
          when i hit the pads the trainer has me throw jab to his left arm and right to his right so they cross over..
          Same here. One of my trainers also told me to throw a jab to the right pad before that, because people move heads. Another trainer made me throw the 1-2 to the right pad to practice hitting same spot with both shots. Both ways of doing 1-2 [and then some] on the pads are correct. Sometimes the second method is preceeded by a jab on the left pad so you are training for head/lateral movement in the other direction too.

My fave is the double jab on both pads followed by right hand. I have done this in fights on a southpaw who tried to slip my jab. You can practice doing the orthodox version too which would be jab to left pad, then 1-2 on right pad. Do it all fast and whatever you do on pads use your imagination and visualise you're boxing the enemy, not some leather coated foam pads! Crossing over on pads is only a problem when you get a bum trainer who holds them 1m apart. I have seen this done before, and the best thing to do is to leave the ****.

Comment

tera patrick gives me the huuuuuugest boners....

Comment

Working...
            X