Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rockin' See Ya Thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick around WOCKING WOBBIE! A lot of people here appreciate your input. Really used to have fun with the "boxing game" thread you made where we could manage boxer's careers and ****. Also loved reading your stories - haha you got a career in writing if you pursued it.

You're one of the few people here who has actually boxed professionally before. Not to mention having a 60+ fight ammy career fighting guys like Oba Carr, etc.

A lot of people here just don't like to hear being told they are wrong, or misinformed. They want to believe that because they watch boxing on HBO, ESPN, and SHowtime that they know the sport better than somebody who has actually fought before, and ananylzed the sport for 20+ years. . . There are certian aspects of boxing that YOU CANNOT KNOW unless you've had a lot of experience boxing. . Sure, you can still be knowledgeable, but you'll never have the complete knowledge unless you've fought.

most everybody here would either make you believe that: 1.) They boxed a lot t hemselves, 2.) They know the sport better than anybody else, or 3.) They've never boxed, but "could have been" great at boxing, etc., etc. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      When they know your name, address and phone number ( thanks to a certain *******) it changes things. They will poke where ever they think it hurts. After years of it you become used to it, I guess like taking shots to the cranium bone.

They attempt to belittle me and my career every chance they get. I've always stood by giving respect where respect is given to me. They know nothing of my time in the amatuers, the guys that I fought and the things that I learned over the 7 year period.

They tell me that I don't know how to fight. They are wrong...........Rockin'

It is what it is..............Rockin'

That was ****ed up. . . Complete violation of the rules, and should have been banned. .

I think one of the mods even made a separate sticky thread about it - how you can't post anything pertaining to personal information. And rightfully so - there's some ****ed up people here who would go out of there way to stalk you, and harass you, etc.

But you know how things work around here. Rules don't apply to some posters, while new rules are made up as you go that apply to others. . .

It's just like high school. Everybody will "follow the leader," and co-sign the posters who kiss their ass. . Like a group of weak hyenas, who only have authority on boxingscene when they group up. .

Comment

write a story called war and peace in boxingscene inspired by tolstoy

Comment

but people really see how things work, even if they won't say anything for fear of being persecuted. they see how the weak ones will gang up, and co-sign each other for strength in numbers. . while the strong ones stand on their own, and fly solo like a tiger.

i used to stand up on my own against entire forum, getting the best of everybody.

hahaha, had so much fun firing shots back and forth. . .

now ive gotten too docile, and too busy to have the time to flame on here like I used too.

But I pretty much retired undefeated. the best shots ever fired at me was from Jeff Maori when he said my face looked like a sting ray, or a hammerhead shark or something. hahahaha.

Comment

Rockin you seem like a good dude who has had a interesting life,dont let these clowns get to you,when you have a personality that stands out you will get attacked,trust me i know

Comment

keep postin here rockin'.

ive never seen you belittle anyone, but youre always there to give other posters support, advice tips.. all that beneficial shiiit.

Comment

Yeah, Rockin never belittled anybody until they first attacked him. . .

He could maybe come off as a bit of a know-it-all at times, and throw around the fact that he actually had a long ammy career, and a professinal boxing career, but he was just trying to help posters understand that it's impossible to know certian aspects of the sport unless you've lived them. . .

He's joked around, sure, but mainly given helpful advice to newbies just starting off boxing.

A lot of people here just don't want to be told they don't know what they're talkign about, and get corrected. ..

He defiitely didn't deserve to have his personal name, facebook, and telephone number posted here. . . Hell, nobody deserves that. Or to get grouped up on like he did.. But like I said, that's how you know you're won, and you're right, when everybody has to tag-team, and jump in...

SO KEEP ON ROCKIN', ROCKIN'. . . ROCKIN' WAS HERE. . . ROCKIN'. . .
                Last edited by UglyPug; 12-05-2012, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                  Yeah, Rockin never belittled anybody until they first attacked him. . .

He could maybe come off as a bit of a know-it-all at times, and throw around the fact that he actually had a long ammy career, and a professinal boxing career, but he was just trying to help posters understand that it's impossible to know certian aspects of the sport unless you've lived them. . .

He's joked around, sure, but mainly given helpful advice to newbies just starting off boxing.

A lot of people here just don't want to be told they don't know what they're talkign about, and get corrected. ..

He defiitely didn't deserve to have his personal name, facebook, and telephone number posted here. . . Hell, nobody deserves that. Or to get grouped up on like he did.. But like I said, that's how you know you're won, and you're right, when everybody has to tag-team, and jump in...

SO KEEP ON ROCKIN', ROCKIN'. . . ROCKIN' WAS HERE. . . ROCKIN'. . .
                  There have definately been occasions where I have belittled newbies with videos and such. It was really funny when I had the oppertunity to hangout with Bill Miller. He was so cool. We'd both be watching some clown just bashing away with zero technique. Bill would just look at me shaking his head and quietly laugh. Or we'd see some guy doing the same and he'd just look at me, shake his head. smile and do the baseball slide signal for safe or the refs motion of calling off a fight. He'd smile and I'd quietly laugh as the guy just blasted away on the bag.

I don't post much in the training anymnore. I can't help it when these guys (I do appreciate effort) post these videos of them clubbing away on a heavybag and they ask us what they're doing wrong. ****, where do we start. To those guys I heckle them the same as Arthel Lawhorne "Bam" (rip) used to, just calling you like I see it. To the guys that are giving real effort to master the learn the skill I give a few small pointers and we carry on.

It is what it is...........Rockin'

Comment

Rockin' I always admired how you kept coming back for more punishment time and time again, I thought you were a game old boy if im honest, but you are hightailing and quitting?

Dont be so dramatic, have a minutes rest in the corner and come out swinging

Comment

Rockin has said a lot of dumb things, I'm not going to lie but...

If anyone really posted his real name, address or number, that's really foul. That should be a perma ban and a cowardly act. We come here to kick the **** and some people take this place way to seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X