No announcement yet.

An absolute must watch video on Peter 'Kid Chocolate' Quillin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An absolute must watch video on Peter 'Kid Chocolate' Quillin

It's a couple months old so it may have been posted on here before but if you haven't seen it it's one not to miss out on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=wtjuK6Lal2o#!

Could someone please embed the video for me.

There. is it really that hard to embed?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

There. is it really that hard to embed?
      It is for me not knowing how to do it

Thanks.

Comment

Is this the documentary on how he's ducking Golovkin?

Lol just kidding. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post

LOL.

Peter is a KO waiting to happen.

Comment

This is why I respect boxers so much. When people call boxers "bums" it takes away from everything they worked for. Every boxer has a story and they've worked hard to get where they are. Videos like this put perspective on what they had to get through to get where they are and it shows how important boxing is in their lives. All that hard work just to have a keyboard warrior consider him a "bum".

The video is brilliantly edited and scored, I think because of that it reaches out to the casuals and it connects them to a fighter in a deeper way. They should definitely have more of these videos on TV to showcase up and coming fighters.

With that said, he's still ducking GGG LOL
            Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 02-08-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

If you want to embed a video, go to the toolbar beneath the vid where it says 'About, Share, Add to'. Click on Share, then click on Embed. And just copy the link it gives you into a thread. Sorted.

Thanks for the vid. I'll check it out.

Comment

Winky said some rather damning things about what took place before their fight and is convinced Quillin is using PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Winky said some rather damning things about what took place before their fight and is convinced Quillin is using PEDs.
                  What did he say again? I remember the USDA being a bit shady about the whole ordeal. But if I remember correctly Winky asked for testing like a week or two before the fight.

Comment

What did he say again? I remember the USDA being a bit shady about the whole ordeal. But if I remember correctly Winky asked for testing like a week or two before the fight.
                    In mid-May, Winky Wright was preparing to fight Peter Quillin in a June 2nd bout promoted by Golden Boy at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

“Everybody kept popping up positive for all this stuff,” Wright told Montoya. “Boxing isn’t always a fair game. I figured I should get this [testing] too. So I called Golden Boy and said, ‘Why we ain’t doing it?’ They was like ‘Uh, etcetera, etcetera, this and this and that, and someone didn’t want to pay.’ I said ‘Okay; I’m going to pay for it. I just want to play on the same field.’”

Wright and Quillin entered into a May 21, 2012 contract with Golden Boy and USADA pursuant to which USADA was to provide drug testing services in conjunction with their fight.

“I didn’t know the difference between [USADA and VADA].” Wright says. “I just told Golden Boy I wanted to be tested and they came back with USADA.”

On or about May 23rd, USADA collected blood and urine samples from Quillin. Wright gave samples on May 24th.

“They came to my house at six in the morning,” Winky recalls. “They took urine, blood, everything.”

Then, without warning, Wright was told that the testing was off

“I think it was like two days later,” Winky told Gabriel Montoya. “Golden Boy called and told Damian [Ramirez, Wright’s manager], and Damian told me. I don’t understand it. All I’m asking is, ‘How do you take urine and take blood and then, all of sudden, you say you aren’t going to test it?’ Then they tried to make up an excuse and say they wanted to teach us. There ain’t nothing to teach. They took blood. They told us we would take a test and either come up positive or negative. That’s it. All I want to know is, are we playing on the same field? So my lawyer called and asked for it to be tested and they told him they threw it out. They told my attorney they threw it out. That’s crazy. Why would they throw it out? They just finished [taking samples] and they’re going to throw it out already? Does this sound crazy? We gave samples. Let’s test that and let me see the result. They threw it out. I just don’t understand that.”

Quillin-Wright went ahead as planned with Quillin winning a unanimous 10-round decision. Quillin, like Andre Berto and Floyd Mayweather, is managed by Al Haymon.

The contract that Wright and Quillin entered into with Golden Boy and USADA specifically provided, “USADA will be responsible for storing the samples after collection and transporting them safely and securely to a laboratory for analysis…USADA will send all samples for analysis to a WADA [World Anti-Doping Agency] accredited laboratory under contract to USADA…USADA shall maintain Sample Collection Documentation, including test results for testing conducted under this Master Agreement, for a period of six years.”

“The destruction of samples isn’t supposed to happen,” Ryan Connolly states. “If that happened in an Olympic context, it would set off alarms in a lot of places. There would likely be a thorough investigation by the International Olympic Committee and WADA.”

Victor Conte adds, “The trend in drug-testing now is to save samples longer than before, not pour them down the drain.”

Comment

Working...
                    X