Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev vs. Kali Meehan: who will win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruslan Chagaev vs. Kali Meehan: who will win?

The WBA has ordered a purse bid for Feb 22, so the fight will probably happen in April or May. Who do you think takes this one?

Both have had long periods of inactivity. Meehan, who is promoted by Don King, did not fight at all in 2009.

Do you think the WBA should have had an eliminator between two good, young heavyweights like Odlanier Solis and Denis Boytsov instead, since neither Chagaev nor Meehan has won a fight in the past year
    Meehan by stoppage
    7.14%
    Meehan by decision
    3.57%
    Chagaev by stoppage
    42.86%
    Chagaev by decision
    42.86%
    Difficult to predict, seems an even match
    3.57%

The poll is expired.

Who the hell is Meehan?

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
      Who the hell is Meehan?
      He's a 6'5" heavyweight who live in Australia. Here he is on BoxRec:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4560&cat=boxer

Comment

Going with Chagaev. He may be well past his best now, but at least in theory - Meehan doesn't beat fighters as good as he is.

Comment

Chagaev is the better fighter.

Chagaev wins by UD

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
            Going with Chagaev. He may be well past his best now, but at least in theory - Meehan doesn't beat fighters as good as he is.
            Yes, and Meehan's age old at age 40 and hasn't fought since 2008.

Comment

How do you figure Chagaev is past it?

I think Chagaev should win this fairly easily, the problem could be passing the tests with his hepatitis antigen, Meehan could pull a Valuev and refuse to fight him.

Comment

Chagaev wins but the fans all lose in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                  How do you figure Chagaev is past it?

I think Chagaev should win this fairly easily, the problem could be passing the tests with his hepatitis antigen, Meehan could pull a Valuev and refuse to fight him.
                  I haven't been impressed with him in quite awhile and he hasn't been very active. And I'm not saying that he is past it, that's why I say "he may be" instead of "he is".

Comment

I haven't been impressed with him in quite awhile and he hasn't been very active. And I'm not saying that he is past it, that's why I say "he may be" instead of "he is".
                    I thought saying "he may be well past his best, but at least in theory..." was like actually saying he is past his best, but then again english is not my first language. I thought the correct construction of the sentence was "he could be well past his best, but...".

Comment

Working...
                    X